Friday, June 01, 2007

Sleepless in Kansas City



Do I need to tell anyone how tired I am this morning? Working 2nd shift and then having to be back here bright and early is very hard. Oh, and add that when I got home last night I had to finish packing then you will have one very tired girl. As soon as I put my head on my pillow last night I was out. It couldn't have been more then a few minutes when heard this horrible crash. Apparently my cat Bonk tried to jump from the bed to the dresser and didn't quite make it. It seemed like the crashing sound was so long. I jumped up, turned the light on and made sure she was ok. Thankfully she was. She looked as startled as I did. But then I was wide awake. Once I did managed to get back to sleep it only lasted about an hour. I woke up because I was choking. I am still coughing a little and it seems to be only at night now. But I managed to get back to sleep, but it only lasted maybe another hour. We had a thunderstorm move in and there was this horrible clap of thunder that woke me up. My cat Ben had been sleeping next to me, but when he heard the thunder and then the ground shaking he went running. Again I was wide awake. I managed to get back to sleep until my alarm went off at 7:15am. But I am so tired today.

When I get off this afternoon I am going home to pick up Sophie and pack the car. Our drive isn't that long, but when you are tired any drive seems long. Oh, and we are suppose to get severe thunderstorms all this afternoon. I hope my drive is smooth with no problems. I know when I get where I am going I am going to crash. But all this lack of sleep will be worth it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

3 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Oh I hate it when i'm woke up repeatedly in the night.
Have a safe and fun trip!!!!!!!

One Messed Up Chick said...

I hope you have a safe trip :)
Enjoy your self!

Bella said...

I found your blog via patti_cake. I look forward to getting to "know" you better.