Thursday, May 31, 2007

Lawn Boys



I did the smartest thing this morning. I decided that I am so tired of mowing the yard. I have a love/hate relationship with my yard. I love it looking great and will do anything to make it look nice. That usually means a lot of upkeep, mowing and mulching. I woke up this morning and decided that I am so sick of mowing. It's been raining here since....well, it seems forever. I haven't had a chance to mow and I was starting to worry about it. So I got out the Yellow Pages and called a couple places to have them come mow. Most were in Kansas and would not come to my house just to mow the yard. I finally lucked out and found a company that is literally down the street from my house. Five minutes after I called them they were out here to give me an estimate. They will come mow my yard once a week for only $35. To me that is a great deal. Not only do they mow, but they do all the trimming, etc. As soon as I agreed to the deal they started mowing. How awesome is that. I am sitting here in my house watching them mow the yard. Awww..I can relax. I tried to get a good picture of them mowing, but the picture didn't turn out that well. I can not tell you how happy my little heart is now that I don't have to mow.

I am working the second shift today, so I don't go into work until 3:30pm. Bad news, I don't get off until midnight. This will not be a regular thing, I am just going in to observe the techs to see what they are and are not doing. But it still sucks having to work until midnight. And then I have to get up and be at work at 8:30am tomorrow. I had originally planned on working the second shift tomorrow night, but Sophie and I are going on our adventure tomorrow and I didn't want to have to wait until Saturday to start our adventure.

When I got home yesterday there was a package here for me. It was from Amazon and I had no idea what it was. I kept thinking, "did I order something and forget about it." Well, it was a birthday gift from STL. She has been reading my blog and somewhere I mentioned that I wanted a dream book and she had one sent to me for my birthday. How sweet is that?

So be sure to say hello to STL. She is even starting to remember all my blogger friends when I call you guys by your screen name. It's nice being with someone that is supportive of my blog and loves reading what I write, even when it seems boring to me.

12 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

I love that STL sent you a dream book and is supportive of your blog. My heart is singing for you Caroline (lawn service and all)

Trop said...

Belated birthday greetings! I just bought a lawnmower and I'll be mowing our big yard this weekend. At $35 a pop, I might just get into the mowing business.

Caroline said...

patti--i thought it was very sweet as well. really showed me that she is reading all of my blog. i still have no idea where i stated that i wanted a dream book. she must be reading every word. :)

trop--i have been mowing this yard at least 2-3x a week during the march-november for ten years. this morning i reached my limit. i probably would have paid $50/week to have them do it since i am so burned out with mowing. so $35 seemed like a steal to me.

Casey said...

*waving* Hi STL! :)

Lawn service - gotta love it.

Sorry about the late shift tonight but cool that you are going on an adventure. Have fun!

Lynilu said...

Oh, Caroline. No one out there knows you quite like I do, and I was in awe when I read this. Your life has taken a shift, for sure. When you hire someone to mow your lawn, I know you have moved to a new plateau. I see it as a very, very good thing. I'm excited for you! I know you'll probably still have to mow it a second time because it grows so crazily, but I'm glad you're doing this. Yay!! Yippe-skippee!!!

And STL, you should know that Caroline is a very special person, and she deserves the best of friends. I'm sure that as she allows you to enter her world, you'll know just what I mean. Thanks for being kind to her.

Lynilu said...

Oh, PS: Enjoy the adventure!!! Looking forward to hearing about it!!

Minnesota Nice said...

I have an image of you relaxing with a cool drink in your cozy lawn chair saying, "you missed a spot, boys." AWESOME.

I used to have a girl come clean my house once a week and it was heaven. As soon as some financial things settle, that's the first thing I'm getting back. Worth every penny to free up your time from chores you hate.

SassyFemme said...

That's money well spent for the yard help. I miss having someone do our yard, but we can't get it quite as cheap here as you can.

Very, very sweet of STL to send you the book. Enjoy this new journey in your life. :)

One Messed Up Chick said...

You were talking about having weird dreams on day and wondered what they meant. I believe thats it. LOL I'm getting old you know, i am aloud to be forgetful.
Its so great that someone is mowing your lawn. You deserve a break.
A big hello to STL :)

amy h said...

Whenever I take pictures like this, I always wonder if other people would think "what the?" Blog-keeping creates some odd photo-taking situations. :) That sounds nice -- to have someone mow the lawn. Chris is getting annoyed with its growth with all this rain.

Have a good adventure!

Caroline said...

casey--i am loving the lawn service as well. nothing like sitting on my couch watching someone else do all the work :)

lynilu--i knew you would understand when i said i was "crazy" about the yard. thank you also for the kind words.

sandra--lol at your comment. i can't tell you how good it feels to have someone else doing the yard.

sassy--my yard is not that big and from the pictures of your yard...you have a huge yard. i think that is why i was able to get it so cheap. they also said that since i am so close to their office, they don't have to spend as much on gas to get to my house.

eye--i got an email from stl with the exact post where i said i wanted the dream book. i remember now. :)

amy--the first time i tried to get a pic the guy looked up right at me. i know he was thinking.."what the ??". i then went to the kitchen window where he could not see me as well. that is why the pic is horrible.

Sonya said...

YAY you for getting someone else to mow your lawn. I wish I could give it up, but for some reason I won't spend the $$ on it.

Surprises in the mail are always nice!!

Adventure... hmmm... can't wait to hear all about it.