Sunday, June 24, 2007

Feeling Under the Weather

For the last couple of days I have noticed mild congestion in my nose. I didn't think too much of it, but then the pain started. I woke up this morning feeling like I had been punched in the nose. My left nostril is very sore and swollen. My left side of my neck is also very sensitive to the touch. My guess is: a very bad sinus infection. I have a feeling that I need antibiotics, but I am not sure I can afford a visit to the doctor right now with no health insurance. I am going to see how I feel when I get up tomorrow morning and decide then.

I think I am also feeling a little overwhelmed right now thinking of all that I have to do in the next six weeks. I have to literally pack up my life from the last 9+ years and move it all into a one bedroom apartment. I am not sure how it will all fit in the apartment. Last night as I was going through all the stuff in the office I came across a lot of things that I had not looked at in years. My old yearbooks, old photo books and other stuff. I think looking at that stuff kind of got me down. I need to pack them away and not look at them again for a while. Life seemed so much more simple back when I was in high school and my first few years of college. Tell me again why I was so anxious to grow up?

Then there are my finances. I am making more then enough money, but where does it all seem to go? Between now and August I need to save a lot of money to pay for the movers and my pet deposit.

I have been wanting to go camping since January. I did get to keep the big tent and all the camping supplies, but it doesn't look like I will get to go camping this year. I was thinking of going by myself, but now sure about that. What do you guys think? The place that Laura and I used to go camping is a very nice, clean, safe place. I am sure I would be OK if I went by myself, but not sure I could put the tent up by myself. Right at this moment, I would give my right arm to get away for a few days in the wilderness.

One great thing did happen today: Patti Cake called me. It was so great talking to her and hearing her voice. She sounds exactly the way I thought she would sound. I now have a voice to what she writes on her blog.

What is it about Sundays? I have never liked them for some reason. I am sure I am the only person saying "I can't wait for Monday to get here".

8 comments:

Luna said...

Caroline-
GO CAMPING! Take Sophie (dog) with you.
Nothing like a trip to the wilderness to help you find your center.
Hope u feel better soon with out a trip to the doc!

Casey said...

I agree. If the camp ground is safe and you feel safe thinking about going then GO! YOu can always invest in a smaller tent (they are pretty inexpensive) if you are worried about not being able to put yours up alone.

Sorry you aren't feeling well - I hope tomorrow will be better.

yankeegirl said...

Caroline-
Hope you're feeling better.
I know what you mean about Sundays. My gf and I were just saying the same thing. We are in an LDR and Sundays are the worst day for us. Hope the sinuses are better. Can you take Sophie dog camping w/ you? She'd probably love it!

Ace of Spades said...

Hope you feel better soon.
Yes I'm still here. Check on my blog. Sorry just feeling lazy with the whole blog thing lately. Been busy. But Im back.

Lynilu said...

Caroline, Sophie will let you know if people are around, so I think you would be alright. I agree that it would be relaxing. But wait till you know you're not getting sick. And remember that the sickness might be the emotional bridge you're crossing right now. Wish I could be there to help you pack. Well, my heart is, OK?

Monogram Queen said...

Hey I didn't know you were feeling bad. :( I hope you get to feeling better.
I love your voice and I enjoyed our conversation so much.
Ugh I know what you mean about $$$ where the heck does it go?
I don't think it would be much fun to go camping alone but that's just me

Caroline said...

jaded mama--i love how you said about finding my center. looks like sophie and i are going camping..

casey--i think i have found a friend that would love to go camping with me. and even if i went alone, i am sure i could get some help from others in the camp ground to put up my tent.

yankeegirl--i took sophie camping last oct and she did so well. i know she would love to go again

ace of spades--so glad you are back. i have missed seeing your posts

lynilu--yes, i am going to wait until i feel better to go camping and will probably wait until after i move. i will really need some relaxing time after that

patti--it was great talking to you as well. like i said, you sounded exactly the way i thought you would sound. you are too funny. :)

Minnesota Nice said...

I think you should take Sophie dog and go - think of it as a "girl and her dog retreat". :)