Monday, June 25, 2007

Mystery

When I woke up this morning I was feeling worse then I was yesterday. My face is still very swollen and my neck is extremely sore. I decided there was no way I could go into work and that I had to get into my doctor.

I was able to get into the doctor first thing this morning. Here's the thing: she has no idea what is going on with me. She said it is probably not my sinus' since I don't have any pain in the normal place if it's your sinus'. She then said the dreaded word "tooth" thinking it was one of my teeth, but I don't have any pain in my jaw and I am not having any trouble/pain when I chew.

Her conclusion: some type of facial infection. Huh? I am still trying to figure out what a facial infection is.

She was going to give me a RX for some antibiotics and I had to remind her that it needed to be on Walmart's $4 list since my insurance does not take affect until September. She then said she really wanted to put me on the stronger antibiotics. She then went and got me the antibiotics from their samples. She told me the seven pills she gave me were worth about $200. This is just one of the reasons I love my doctor so much.

I came home from the doctor and crashed. I still feel like crap and am trying to figure out how I am going to make it to work tomorrow. I have so much work to do, but if I am still feeling like this there is no way I can make it in tomorrow. Tell me I shouldn't feel bad if I miss another day tomorrow when I have only been working there for six weeks.

9 comments:

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Here's hoping the antibiotics work and you are on the mend soon.

amy h said...

Take those antibiotics! I'm glad your doc gave you some. One of my friends had a tooth problem that became a facial infection, and he had to have part of his cheek removed. Now he has a scar and a little indentation on his cheek. I don't want to scare you, but do take those pills!

Jamie said...

Hopefully, you will be able to work tomorrow, but didn't they tell you that you would get sick within the first few weeks of being on the new job? I would think they would understand if you are unable to work, but I know how you feel, I am like you about missing work. Hang in there, the antibiotics will work in a couple of days!

Caroline said...

ragged--thank you..i am hoping that as well

amy--holy crap. after reading your comment i am going to take all the antibiotics and if it's not better in a couple days i am going to shell out another $62 to go back to the doctor.

simonsays--yes, my boss said that it would not be uncommon for me to be sick the first year because of all the stuff our clients bring in. i am just going to see how i feel tomorrow morning before i make my decision.

yankeegirl said...

(((hugs))) feel better soon! Lay on the couch and snuggle w/ sophie dog!

Lynilu said...

Who knows ... maybe this is a new malady and they'll name it Caroline's Crap! Actually, this could be related to the stress in your life over recent weeks/months. It is not unusual for people to get sick during stress or as it lets up. Take all the medication, don't take risks!!

Audra said...

hope things start looking up! yay for the nice doctor!!!

Monogram Queen said...

I hope you feel better soon Honey! What is it with so many people being sick this summer? Um I think Lynilu nailed it with "stress".

Minnesota Nice said...

An old cat of mine used to get sinus problems caused by his teeth...strange but it kind of makes sense that that could happen. Hope your face doesn't hurt too much :(