Friday, June 08, 2007

24 Hours

It's been a crazy 24 hours. I am so exhausted that I can barely keep my eyes open. Here is a brief description of my last 24 hours:

Thursday 5pm: Got off work

Thursday 6pm: Got into bed to try to get some sleep since I had to be at work at midnight to work third shift

Thursday 8pm: Woke up and unable to go back to sleep.

Thursday 9:45pm: Finally got up and gave up trying to get some more sleep.

Thursday 10:30pm: Left the house for work. I decided that maybe if I went in early I could leave a little early.

Thursday 11:45pm: Arrived at work. It doesn't usually take me more then an hour to get to work, but I was talking to STL on the phone.

Friday 12:30am: I am starting to feel tired.

Friday 2:00am: I realize that I still have 6 hours left of work.

Friday 3:59am: Give up trying to stay awake and head home. I decided I will just work my last 4 hours next week.

Friday 4:21am: Arrive home

Friday 4:53am: Get into bed

Friday 7:37am: Wake up and realize it feels like I have been hit by a truck since I am so tired.

Friday 8:33am: Get on the road to go see STL.

I guess I could have gone home and slept for a few hours, but I wanted to see my girl. My drive was very smooth and once I stopped and got some breakfast I was feeling much better. I think my body was just really hungry. I realized that I did not eat dinner last night so that was probably adding to me being so tired.

But I am here now and suddenly my lack of sleep does not seem that bad.

It is so good seeing STL again.

6 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

Have a great weekend :)

Anonymous said...

One piece of advice - don't get so caught up in STL that you lose sight of your responsibilities with your new job and the friends who have helped you through your break-up.

Caroline said...

eye--thanks, we are having a great weekend.

anonymous--um, last time i checked, my *real* friends are very happy that i am happy and they understand me being *lost*. as for the job....i don't think this area of my life really concerns you. oh, and just an FYI...i have gotten nothing but very good compliments from my boss about the work that i am doing. sounds like i can multi-task unlike you.

SassyFemme said...

Enjoy your weekend, and try to catch up on some sleep so you don't get sick!

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean my comment in the offensive way you took it. I've been in new relationships and saw those very things happen to me, and I've seen it in many friends. I'm glad you're so happy and moving on. I just wanted to remind you not to let both feet leave the ground.

Monogram Queen said...

I worked the graveyard shift and HATED it. Glad you had a wonderful time with your best girl!