Thursday, June 07, 2007

Lost

It appears I am lost. All my friends are trying to figure out where I have gone.

For the past two weeks I have neglected several things in my life. I have not been to the grocery store since Memorial Day Weekend. My lack of finding 15 minutes to pick up a few things from the store means there is nothing in my house to eat. I did find a couple Chicken Pot Pies in my freezer, but after cooking one I realized they have major freezer burn. I am sure they got that way from me standing with the freezer door open trying to figure out what I am going to eat. For the past two weeks I have been trying to figure out how I can find time to wash my comforter. It's had dog hair on it and really needs to be washed.

There doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day. My work schedule is so different then my last job. I am literally running around from the minute I walk in until I go home 8 hours later. I realized yesterday that my cellphone bill is due on Friday and I have not mailed the payment yet. Thank God I can make a payment online.

I am the kind of person that does not like it when the gas in my car gets below half a tank. Yesterday as I was driving home I realized my gas light was on. I kept thinking, "I wonder how long I have been driving with it on." I held my breathe as I pulled into a gas station. I am sure by that point I was on fumes.

So, I am apologizing to all my friends out there that think I have dropped off the face of the earth. I am still here and I am doing really good. Really good. I did tell Lynilu (after 3 calls and one frantic email) that I am sorry for not responding, but if I keep blogging then you know I am OK.

But you want to know something: I love being lost.

6 comments:

Eduardo said...

What a nice blog! My french is not so good now, so I use english to say that your blog is awesome, at least I can understand it. My name is Eduardo Acosta and I'm a peruvian writer, visit my blog if you wish:
www.eduardo-acosta.blogspot.com
Kisses and Congrats.
EDUARDO

Monogram Queen said...

Honey I am glad you are "lost" too. It's much much better than being curled up into a miserable ball being "found".
P.S. Wash that comforter! LOL

Minnesota Nice said...

You maybe lost, but you're also finding new parts of yourself, in a good way! And the first three months in a new job are always a bit of a blur, I think.

Caroline said...

eduardo--thanks for the compliment about my blog and thanks for stopping by

patti--man, i loved what you wrote. being lost is so much more fun then trying to be found.

sandra--not only is the first few months of a job a blur, but so is the first few months of a new relationship. it may be a blur, but damn, it's a lot of fun. :)

One Messed Up Chick said...

LOL Im happy your lost :) You seem so much happier when you are lost and not found :)
Lost works for you !!!

Lynilu said...

Caroline, I am so glad you are able to be lost in the Land of Finding Wonderful Things! YAY!!!!

Have a great weekend!