Sunday, May 20, 2007

Weekend Recap

It's been a good weekend. Well, besides the fact that I have felt like crap most the weekend. By late Friday night I was so congested I could barely breathe. In fact, I was having a hard time catching my breathe. I took some cold/cough medicine and went to bed. That stuff worked great. It knocked me out and allowed me to sleep almost 9 straight hours. The sleep felt great.

Saturday I managed to get up, go get a haircut, go the grocery store and pick up some cat food. I did all this before 11am. After all those errands I was done for the day. I was still feeling sick, but knew I needed to get these things done. When I was getting my haircut I had to ask the guy to get me some water since I was literally choking. I have a horrible gag reflux when I cough. There were a few seconds where I thought I might throw up in the chair. Thank God I didn't because can you imagine the horror if I did that. Laura came over in the afternoon and we spent some time talking about the house and the best thing to do right now. We are going to sell it, but we are going to do it "By Owner" since we could saves thousands in fees. Worst case: we would rent it out.

Today has been a busy day. I am still feeling sick, but I managed to mow the yard and get out the items for our "big item" pickup for our city. I am not feeling as bad as I was on Friday, but still a little bit under the weather.

The 3 days I saw Laura were good days. Not once did we argue or bring up what happened. It was nice. It was the first time where I truly felt like we were just friends. I am able to hear more about what the two of them are doing. I guess I don't feel as angry. What's done is done and there is no going back. All I can do now is move on, take care of myself and the most important thing: be good to myself.

I read something this weekend that was a good reminder for me: Sometimes you have to lose in order to win.

I will win in the end.

3 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

You certainly will win in the end and you are a better woman than I am. I could not have sat there and listened to anything about "them". Good for you Caroline. You truly are evolving :)

One Messed Up Chick said...

Sounds like a good weekend, each day will get easier :)

pack of 2 said...

UGh...I don't like feeling sick...the best part is all the sleeping:)

Glad to hear that things went well with Laura.

Shelly