Monday, May 21, 2007

Positive vs Negative

I am having one of those days where there have been both positives and negatives throughout my day. It seems like a constant struggle between these two. It's like on one shoulder I have an angel and the other is the devil. Good always beats the bad, but there are times when I wonder how much bad I can take in one day, one week, one month, etc. Here's what's been going on in my life today:

Negative:

*I am PMSing big time and therefore I am emotional. It seems I take one step forward, one back. Laura gave me a very nice birthday card that seemed to bring back all the sadness I was feeling. It really was a nice card, and the part that made me cry was when she said, "we are blessed you are here."

*I still feel kind of bad from this cold. I did not take any cough medicine last night and I was reminded of that when I woke up every 2 hours cause I was coughing.

*The "newness" of my job is officially over. I am suppose to get off work at 5pm, but 45 minutes before I was to leave I was informed that there were NO techs to work on the women's/children until. We did finally find someone that came in, but I had to work until almost 6pm. I loved being salaried except on days like this.

*Sophie dog is convinced that the fly that is in the house is after her. She won't leave my side and is shaking like a big baby. It's not good when she is a nervous wreck and I am an emotional wreck.

*I got word that one of my Uncles died. He died a week ago and no one in my family had told me. There is a service this weekend and I am debating about whether I should go.

Positive:

*After a long and stressful day, it's still good coming home to MY home.

*Even though I am not going to the gym I continue to lose weight. I really need to go shopping for new clothes. All my old work clothes literally hang on me. I love it and hate it at the same time.

*My birthday is next Tuesday and I know I will get birthday cake. I have decided that even if there is no one that goes and buys me a cake I will go get one for myself dammit. :)

*The pools open next weekend. Can you say tanning Queen?

*I love how Sophie dog gets so excited when she sees me when I come home each night. It really lights up my heart.

*I called today and got an estimate for a moving company to move all my big items and it's not going to cost me as much as I thought.

*Even though today was stressful at work, it felt great being able to come up with a solution and my boss looking at me like, "this is why we hired you."

*I get to finally meet Not So Pregnant on Friday when she comes to town with her son. This is someone that I came across her blog randomly one day and when Laura left me she stepped up to the plate and showed me what being a friend is really about. She has listened to me and my pity parties more then any person should have to. When I think about the last two months, she is the good that has come out of all of this.

*I came up with more positives then negatives

9 comments:

Lynilu said...

Oh, no, which uncle? I'm guessing S? I'm sorry to hear that.

LOL! I'd forgotten about your obsession with birthday cake!!! You funny girl!!

Caroline said...

lynilu--yes you are right about which uncle. as for the birthday cake..how could you forget that? if i hear a stranger say it's their b-day i will go buy a cake. lol

One Messed Up Chick said...

I hope that you get your birthday cake and glad to hear you have such a good friend in your life.

Caroline said...

eye--the cool thing about all of this, i have gained many friends. you and nat are at the top of that list as well.

Monogram Queen said...

Yay for you! Coming up with more positives than negatives.
I'm so sorry about your uncle. I would definitely go.

Caroline said...

patti--i am not sure if i am going to go to the service for my uncle. i really don't want to face my entire family by myself. kind of a scary thought.

Anonymous said...

Lets jsut say its a good thing you didn't go we made it very clear to all in the family you were not welcome nor allowed at all

Caroline said...

anonymous--enjoy my blog while you can. soon you will be wondering why you can't read it. God, i love technology.

Caroline said...

anonymous-- p.s. as always you are being a coward JIMMY. do you not know i know this is you????? again, how i love technology. now i know where you work.