Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Coming to you LIVE from Work

Well, I am officially online at work. I immediately felt my blood pressure drop and life seemed good again. Can you really be addicted to blogging? If so, does anyone know of any 12 Step program out there to help me.

I woke up this morning with a much better attitude about things. I have not been sleeping as much as I have in the past. It used to be that I would fall asleep by 11pm and when the alarm would go off I always said a quick prayer that maybe it was Saturday and I had set the alarm by accident. Now I am finding myself still going to bed around 10:30pm, but not falling asleep until at least midnight. I always turn the TV off around 11pm and I have been just laying there. I am finding myself more comfortable in my quietest moments. I will never forget something Laura once told me: She said that she always hoped I would have peace in my quietest moments. Maybe I am getting there. I am also finding myself getting up before the alarm. I do think part of that is my cat Bonk who is 20. For some reason she thinks that when light starts coming in through the windows it's time to get up. She will walk all around the bedroom meowing like I have overslept or something. I do find it annoying, but I know when Laura comes and gets her next month I am going to miss her like crazy. How could I not miss her? She has been with me since I was 14. But I know Laura will take great care of her since the two of them have a unique bond that is deeper then even the bond that I have with Bonk.

Well, I guess I should stop playing and get back to work.

5 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Yeah for being online at work! I sneak a peek at blogs now and then at work, but our use is monitored, and I'm supposed to be the one setting an example. Ugh! ;)

I have to say, I admire your strength, letting Bonk go to Laura. It's just one more example of your tremendous inner strength.

Anonymous said...

How could you give a pet up after 20 years?!?!

Caroline said...

sassy--it's hard to let bonk bo, but I don't have much choice. i know laura will take good care of her.

amanda--it's obvious you don't know all the details. i would keep her if i could and anyone that reads my blog on a regular basis would know that.

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog and no amount of detail can explain why someone would do that. 20 years is a long time.

Caroline said...

Well, I am sorry you feel that way. I have no desire to go into the details with someone that has already made up their mind. It's not like i am taking Bonk to the shelter and giving her away. She is going to stay with Laura who loves her as much as I do and will take excellent care of her. Enough said.