Sunday, May 27, 2007

Weekend Full of Surprises

Well, I've had one of the best weekends and the neat thing is: I still have two more days until I have to go back to work.

It all got started on Friday evening when I met up with NSP. She is staying with another KC blogger Dee, so I met them at dinner on Friday. We went to Granite City, which I had not heard of until Friday. The food was good, but finally being able to meet NSP really made the night perfect. I also got to know Dee and her family better. Would you believe they live only 5 minutes from me? Talk about a small world. Both NSP and Dee have little boys named Zac(h) and it was great finally seeing them in person rather then on a blog. They are both as cute as can be and once again got me to thinking of having one of my own. Oh, and Dee said she would help me create a new template for my blog and get my own domain. How exciting is that? As much as I love blogger, I realized 2007 is the year of new beginnings for me and that includes my blog.

Yesterday was probably the biggest surprises of the weekend. I belong to a Lesbian forum and I had been becoming more and more disappointed with some of the women I was meeting on there. Was it too much that I was just asking for someone that was normal and not into head games, threesomes or just plain nutty? Yesterday afternoon I went on and found a woman online that lives in St. Louis. I sent her a smile. She sent me an email and before I knew it we were on the phone. I am not sure how to explain this, but it doesn't seem like I just met her yesterday. It seems like we have known each other a lot longer. We were on the phone last night until 2am. I don't remember the last time being up at 2:30am and being happy about it. So, we'll see where things go, but so far I have a really good feeling.

Well, NSP and her son Zac are coming over here in a few hours and I need to make sure that my house is semi-baby proof. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do know children are not like animals, you just can't give them up if you don't have a bond.

Caroline said...

amanda--for someone that does like a lot of what i say or do in life, you sure come to my blog a lot. and just to clarify some things, i am bonded with bonk and it's none of your damn business what i do and the reasons behind them.

Casey said...

Glad you are having a good weekend! And hey - even if nothing materializes with your new friend - at least you are having fun and that counts for a huge amount! :)

One Messed Up Chick said...

Me and Nat met at a lesbian forum, it works :) Even if it doesn't making new friends isn't a bad thing. Glad your'e having a great weekend.

Caroline said...

casey--exactly. although something feels different about this "friend". i will explain it all later


eye--oh, i forgot about that. next time you are on IM, send me a message and i will tell you all about my "friend". :)

SassyFemme said...

It sounds like you're having a fabulous weekend, how wonderful!

Caroline said...

mimi--thanks for the information

sassy--yes it has been a good weekend. so many new beginnings this weekend.

Minnesota Nice said...

I do not understand that first comment at all and how it ties in to anything you said. I'm so glad you met someone nice though and look forward to hearing how it develops!

Caroline said...

sandra--thanks, it's been an exciting weekend. as for the first comment: go here and check it out

http://carolinesinthecity.blogspot.com/2007/05/coming-to-you-live-from-work.html

Minnesota Nice said...

Ah, ok. "Home" is where an animal is loved, and Bonk will be loved with Laura, no question. So many animals have no one - Bonk has two people that love her, lucky kitty.

Caroline said...

sandra--you are so correct when you say bonk is one lucky kitty. i know she will be happy with laura and taken care of. those two have a bond that is amazing.