Friday, May 25, 2007

It Cost WHAT??

Today I had to fill up my car and was shocked at the price I paid. How in the world could it cost $48 for fourteen gallons of gas?

I remember the days when it was 75 cents. I had a Honda when I was 19 and I remember paying at most $10 to fill up my car.

I heard on the radio that in June 1999 gas was 99 cents in Kansas City. If I knew then what I know now, I think I would have appreciated those prices more.

I remember in 2004 freaking out when they were talking about gas being $2 a gallon.

Now I am paying $3.30/gallon and it really sucks.

I am afraid to think of what the gas prices will be in two years.

4 comments:

Lynilu said...

Hah! I gotcha beat! I paid 23 cents a gallon for my 1962 Volkswagen. that means it cost around $3 to fill the tank. When it went up to 30 cents a gallon, I dusted off the ol' dinosaur and rode him around for a while!! LOL! OK, just the first part was true.

Have a good weekend!!

Lynilu said...

BTW - be glad you're not filling MY tank ... it holds 32 gallons!

grooooaaaannnnn.

One Messed Up Chick said...

I am paying $3.67 a gallon here in Michigan. It's getting terrible. Maybe more of us will have to start walking and be super skinny. Because we can't afford to drive.

Minnesota Nice said...

I think we're around $3.50 a gallon. It's disgusting!