Friday, May 25, 2007

Time to Start Celebrating

Can I tell you that I am so happy it is Friday. This week seems to be crazy at work and I am looking forward to 3 days off where I don't have to answer any calls or answer the same questions over and over again.

In just a few hours NSP will be coming to my work to meet me. I am beyond excited to meet her, but also a tad nervous. We have shared so much in our conversations via IM. It's going to be nice to finally meet her in person, although she knows me better then most people that do know me in real life.

It's also the start of my birthday celebration weekend. Even though my birthday is not until Tuesday, I have given myself the right to start celebrating at 5pm today when I get off work. I know most people don't see the big deal of birthdays, but keep in mind this is only the fourth year that I have celebrated my birthday. So for all you parents out there, imagine how excited your 4 year old gets excited for their birthday and you will see how I am. Maybe by the time I am in my 60's the thrill of celebrating birthdays will be gone, but I am hoping not.

I have just one irriation that I would like to voice: Why is it people can not call you when they have plans with you and are not able to make it? To me that is just common courtesy. A simple call makes things all better.

Have a great weekend everyone.

9 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Honey I hope Birthdays never get "old" for you or me either! They are magical, special days. Happy Early Birthday and have a wonderful week-end!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day, Caroline. My Admin. Asst. is in her 50's, but for the last 10 years (or so) she has adopted a Birthday Week. The entire week of her birthday is a celebration when she can cheat on the diet, make special dinner dates with close friends and family, and generally choose to have fun. I like her approach. Unfortunately, both my mom and dad went into the hospital on my birthday prior to their deaths (my dad, just last fall) so my birthday brings sad memories too... (sorry, didn't mean to be Debbie Downer! :-)

Tell NSP "Hello" for me. I just started reading her blog this week and it's great! What a writer -- I loved her Ego and Id conversation!!

If you're so inclined, have a drink on me ;-) Happy Birthday and many more!!

Caroline said...

patti--i doubt b-days will ever get old for me. i have a lot of catching up to do. :) and a weekend can never go wrong if you have b-day cake :)

prophetjoe--laura and i used to do birthday months and i always enjoyed that. i am sorry about your parents. i will tell nsp hello or you and will have a drink for you. have a good weekend.

Dee said...

Happy Birthday weekend! I believe everybody should have birthday weeks instead of just one day. I hope you and NSP had a fun lunch today!

Lynilu said...

We always had a birthday week, mainly because it was hard to celebrate during the week, so we stretched it out. We always acknowledged the birth-day, but then had a part on the weekend. There were usually some things that happened most days in between. It was fun to have it s...t...r...e...c...h like that!

So ... Happy Birthday!!!!

(singing terribly) ...and many more!!!

One Messed Up Chick said...

I hope you have a great weekend, you need it :) Happy early birthday :) But I bet I was the first to wish a happy birthday LOL almost 3 weeks early :)

Casey said...

I have celebrated 42 birthdays and I have been over the top excited at each and every one of them. :) Dakota and I always celebrate a birthday weekend - th emore days to celebrate, the better!

Happy celebrating!! Happy Birthday!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Oh, you can never over-celebrate a birthday. . . so enjoy!

Sonya said...

Happy Birthday! I hope celebrating your special day never gets old for you or the one's close to you. It is YOUR day... and a special day. Celebrate it all you can and want for now and forever.

But - we are big into celebrating birthdays. While we do have parties (family & friends) for our kids that are semi-close to their actual birthday, we also make their actual birthday a special day. I hope we continue the tradition of celebrating on their birthday for a long long time.