Thursday, May 24, 2007

Happenings

It is amazing how the time flies by when you are busy. My work continues to go very well. But I am so busy during the day it's not even funny. I guess that is a good thing since it really makes the time fly by. My last job there was a lot of down time and I often found myself getting bored. So, being busy and so in demand here at work is a very good thing.

Tuesday night there was a program on PBS (my Dad would be so proud that I am watching PBS) called Knocking. It was about Jehovah's Witnesses. I found it very interesting. The first 5 minutes they were showing a congregation singing a song and would you believe I still knew every single word. It's amazing how many of the songs I still know by heart. I guess watching this program made me less angry and resentful of being raised a Jehovah's Witness. I know being raised in this religion kept me from getting into a lot of trouble. It's nice to finally be at a point where I now can accept (and be ok with it) the fact that I was raised a Jehovah's Witness.

The last few days I have enjoyed talking with a woman from Chicago online. I met her online and she seems very nice and I am really enjoying getting to know her. It seems we have a lot in common and it's just nice.

Well, that's it for now. Wish the post could have been more exciting, but be sure to tune in this weekend when I am sure I will have lots of stories and photos from the visit from Not So Pregnant .

9 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

As much as the words stick in my throat, I guess I would have to admit also, that being raised in a whacked religious environment probably kept me out of trouble, too. I like to think that I would have been a good student, a decent person, and developed compassion for others (and our animal friends) no matter how my life had gone...but we don't really know that! All we know is that it went the way it did, and we turned out the way we did. And if we're happy with the end result, then maybe it all served a purpose.

PBS has been having lots of interesting documentaries lately, I'd like to see that one!

Caroline said...

sandra--i am very happy with the end result and i am slowly realizing that being raised a JW probably had a lot to do with who I am at this exact moment. I think I have come full circle. :)

Monogram Queen said...

Glad you are making friends with the woman in Chicago and are visiting with your friend this week-end as well! Great steps Caro!

I am bored to tears at work. It's ridiculous that I came in today and for 8 hours surf the internet. Oh well maybe tomorrow i'll actually have something to do.

Anonymous said...

Hi Caroline,

I have been busy and haven't been surfing the blogs much lately, but I saw you comment on the "Day2Day in Bama" blog and thought I would stop by to say Hi.

The last time I came by, Laura had taken a trip away to "find herself". I'm sorry that things have apparently changed for you in that regard, but I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you!

Have a great summer!

ProphetJoe

Caroline said...

patti--yes, i am enjoying this time very much. hey, if you are that bored at work, do you want to come over and help me with some of my work.

prophetjoe--thanks for stopping by again. you know, i am realizing that it's ok that things have turned out the way they have. there is no reason for me to want to be with someone that obviously does not want to be with me. all is good.

Casey said...

Glad you are enjoying the new job - always a good thing to enjoy what you do for sucha huge amount of your day. :)

And it's great that you are finding peace with that fact that you were raised JW. I've learned one thing for sure: You can't change your past. You make peace and move forward. Sounds like you are well on your way.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

That's great, Caroline. A who knows, it often seems like we're most attractive (or perhaps, "at our best") when we are at peace with ourselves. Hang in there, and peace be upon you!

Anonymous said...

SUMMARIES OF NEARLY 500 JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES LAWSUITS & COURT CASES


The following website summarizes over 165 lawsuits filed by Jehovah's Witnesses against their Employers, and/or incidents involving problem JW Employees:

EMPLOYMENT ISSUES UNIQUE TO JEHOVAH'S WITNESS EMPLOYEES

http://jwemployees.bravehost.com


The following website summarizes 300 U.S. court cases and lawsuits affecting children of Jehovah's Witness Parents, including 100+ cases where the JW Parents refused to consent to life-saving blood transfusions for their dying children:

DIVORCE, BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS, AND OTHER LEGAL ISSUES AFFECTING CHILDREN OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

http://jwdivorces.bravehost.com

Caroline said...

casey--i am happy that i like my new job. i was a little nervous because the last thing i needed right now was to hate my job.

prophetjoe--you are so right about being more attractive when we are at peace. thanks the the reminder

anonymous--wow..lots of info. thanks