Tuesday, May 29, 2007

34


How can I be 34? It just seems like yesterday that I was in my 20s and now I am almost halfway to 40. Of all my birthdays I think I am most excited about this one. It is a year of new beginnings and starting over.

To celebrate this year I am giving you 34 facts about myself. Enjoy and Happy Birthday to Me.



1. I was born at 8:22am

2. I was adopted when I was 3 days old.

3. When my parents first adopted me I was named Jennifer Jane. They changed it to Caroline Ann when I was 6 weeks old.

4. I have always known I was adopted.

5. I have always wished I was left handed.

6. My favorite thing to do when I was young was to play cars.

7. When I was young and would get scared I would run because I thought the devil was after me.

8. When I was in high school all my close friends thought for sure I would be the first to have kids. Of all my close high school friends, I am the only one without any children.

9. I share a birthday with John F. Kennedy and Bob Hope.

10. Growing up I had one birthday cake. A neighbor of ours must of felt bad for me and bought me a cake when I was 8 or 9. I will never forget that cake.

11. I never struggled with my weight until I got married.

12. I have always thought that maybe I was gay, but did not accept it until I was in my late 20s.

13. I prefer to be part of a couple then to be alone.

14. I received my first birthday gift for this year 3 weeks ago from a dear blogger friend.

15. We never had cats growing up until I was 16.

16. When I was growing up most of my closest friends were allergic to cats.

17. I am terrified of fire.

18. One of my other fears is of drowning.

19. When I was 10 I did almost drown. I was being pulled behind a boat on an tube and it flipped me over and I was trapped under the water and being pulled. It was scary.

20. I used to always think I wanted kids, but I not as sure now. Maybe one day, but I don't know.

21. I spent my 21st birthday in Cayman.

22. I both love and hate that my birthday is around Memorial Day.

23. I was conceived around Labor Day and born around Memorial Day.

24. My favorite color is navy blue.

25. I had a large scar on my right hand from surgery when I was 12.

26. I drive a Honda Accord and that just makes me very happy.

27. When people see my blue eyes they usually ask if they are real or contacts. Just so you know, they are real.

28. I have never felt more comfortable in my body.

29. When I love someone I sometimes give too much and I am OK with that.

30. I have a secret love of Barry Manilow.

31. I am addicted to Reality TV.

32. When I fly I am fine until we go to land. I hate landing.

33. I love dragonflies.

34. Today is the start of a brand new life for me.

21 comments:

Parker said...

Happy Birthday Caroline. I hope this year brings you all of your hearts desires!

Casey said...

Happy Birthday to you,
happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Caroline,
Happy Birthday to you!!!!!

May the year ahead be one of wonder and joy.

amy h said...

I am a few hours early, but happy birthday! I remember trying to think of ways to give you a birthday gift and have it be for just no reason. I felt bad that you couldn't celebrate it. I'm glad you can now!

yankeegirl said...

Happy Birthday Caroline! We have #6, 28, & 29 in common. Enjoy your day!

One Messed Up Chick said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!!!!
I will be 33 in a few weeks and I feel your pain about getting older, but look at it like this "We will be wiser this year then last"

Dee said...

Happy Birthday Caroline! I hope this turns out to be your best year ever!

It was really great meeting you this weekend! :)

Jen said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!! :)
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day, Caroline. You're only as old as you feel!!!

As an aside, I clicked on the image of Casey because (in the little thumbnail view) she looks like someone I used to work with (no, different person) a long time ago. I looked at her profile and all I can say is: Keep up whatever regimen you're on, Casey, it's working! You look great for someone who's 250!

;-)

Monica said...

Happy Birthday...here by way of Patti Cake.

Hope you have an awesome, blessed day.

Lynilu said...

Today is the actual date, 5/29, so


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a wunnerful, wunnerful day!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birfday, Caroline!

I'm here via Patti_Cake (except that silly woman put the wrong URL link in her HBD post to ya).

So, you were adopted as well? Way cool fact. I've always known about my adoption, too.

*raises a glass of non-alcoholic punch*

Here's to you and the start of that brilliant new life for ya ... cheers!

Kim said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Great post!

One Messed Up Chick said...

Happy Birthday I hope you have a great day!!!

Monogram Queen said...

Happy Birthday Dear Caroline I hope this is the best one yet.
(oh and I am a "lefty").

Monogram Queen said...

Oh and I think I fixed the link - thanks Maidy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Caroline!

Minnesota Nice said...

Awesome list!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be a good year for you, I just know it.

jenmaree said...

Caroline:
Happy Birthday! Not sure if you remember me or not. I'm a good friend of Amy H. Amy and I went to high school and college together and Amy always had fun stories of the two of you. I met you briefly at Amy's wedding. From one Gemini to the other, again, Happy Birthday!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Caroline...I saw on Amy's Blog that it is your birthday and everyone deserves a Happy Birthday!!! I remember when you and Amy were in High School and I was in my late 20's...and you feel old? Enjoy your day...I wish you all the happiness you deserve, today and in the future!!

Amy's Auntie Jodi

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! You certainly deserve one.

Holly said...

I'm so late to the party. Happy Belated Birthday Caroline.
I loved reading those 34 things about you!