Sunday, May 06, 2007

Tag...You're It

I was tagged by Casey, so here is how the game is played.

Give 7 random facts about yourself and then at the end of the post, tag 7 people. Make sure you leave them a comment so they know they have been tagged. So...here we go.

1) I remember all of my dreams. There are times when I wake up and I am happy that I am awake and it was just a dream, but then other times I wish I could have just a few more minutes in that dream. My dreams are very detailed and I usually dream in color. I keep telling myself that I need to get a dream book so I know what all these dreams mean.

2) I have 3 plastic containers upstairs that contain every single card or letter that anyone has written me since I was 11 years old. I love going back and reading those cards and thinking about that particular time. For instance: I still have every single RSVP card from my wedding to my ex husband. Why I saved them, I have no idea. The letters from my parents/family often comfort me when I am feeling sad about how our relationship has gone. So be forewarned: if you send me a card, I will have it forever.

3) I have always named my cars. I learned this from my parents who also name their cars. My favorite name of a car when I was growing up was what my parents had named my Grandmas car. She had a bright yellow Citation (it was bright yellow so people could see her coming since she refused to quit driving) and my Dad named it "Buttercup". Other names of cars I have had: Walter, Wanda and my current car is named Lulu.

4) When I was born my parents named me Jennifer Jane. When I was six weeks old they decided they didn't like that name and changed my name to Caroline. When I was growing up I used to hate my name. I didn't know any Caroline's, but I knew several Carolyn's. So for about a year I changed the spelling of my name and went by Carolyn. I realized it was very confusing to people and just stuck with Caroline. Now that I am older, I love my name and wouldn't change it for the world.

5) I love water now, but as a child I was scared to death of it. My parents had a cabin on a lake and when I was about 3 or 4 my parents try to get me to go swimming, but I would just sit on the dock and scream bloody Mary. I am not sure when this fear went away because by 7 I was a fish and it was always a struggle to get me out of the water. I also was a lifeguard for 3 summers when I was a teenager. Talk about a dream job; getting paid to suntan.

6) I love family pictures. I don't even have to know who is in the pictures, I just love looking at them. Just like cards, I have every picture I have ever taken. I think it's a wonderful way to remember a moment in time.

7) Growing up I only lived in two homes. From birth to 12 we lived in one house and then from 12 until I got married we lived in the same house. Looking back, I am very thankful for that stability. Since 1995 I have only lived in 3 different places. So, this next move is exciting for me and it will be nice to have new surroundings. Oh, and a pool.

I tag Lynilu, Amy, Sassy, Eye of the Rainbow, Nat, Sonya, and Sandra.

4 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

I did it :) so did Nat!

Casey said...

Thanks for playing along. :)

Monogram Queen said...

Great me~me Caroline. I never get tired of reading them. I love cards & pictures too!

Minnesota Nice said...

Jennifer Jane is not a bad name at all but I know like a million Jennifers...you're lucky you got switched to Caroline!

Ok, I'm mulling my seven over now!