Monday, May 07, 2007

I'm Gonna Build Me A Boat


So it's been raining here...A LOT. Since Saturday we have gotten 3 inches of rain at my house and they are saying that by Friday we could have a total of 10 inches. I am not sure where all this water is going to go. I am beginning to think that instead of getting an apartment, I will need to start building a boat in my backyard to get back and forth to work. I am a bit anal when it comes to the yard and I managed to mow on Thursday between storms and then again on Saturday before it started raining again. But, it seems that we are going to have rain until the end of this week, so I may need a tractor to mow by the time the weekend comes around.

Making more progress on the house. I managed to do a lot of cleaning and cleaning out of things. Kansas City has a "big item" pick up every other month and luckily the next on is this month. I am going to work hard at getting everything to the curb for them to pick up. With moving into a one bedroom apartment, I am going to have a lot of things I need to get rid of. Craigslist...here I come. I am hoping to be able to sell a lot of the stuff that way I will have some extra money in my pocket.

I go tomorrow for my orientation, physical and drug test for my new job. I am so excited to start my new job next Monday. The distraction will welcome and it will be good getting out of the house everyday.

5 comments:

Lynilu said...

There used to be a house in Raytown that had a big yacht in the back yard. I always wondered why it was there. I think it was too big to get it out without moving most of the fence. It was being built by a man, just for the fun of it. He never sailed it. Eventually he sold it to someone who was going to take it down the Mighty MO. It was written up in the Star, but I never heard if it actually made the journey to wherever.

It was made of concrete!!!

Monogram Queen said...

Um make it a pontoon boat if you build one. They're alot of fun! LOL Congrats on starting the new job in less than a week. It'll be a great experience for you i'm sure.

Minnesota Nice said...

I adore Craigslist! Buying as well as selling, what would we do without it?!

Jojo said...

You can borrow my boat...we to have had a lot of rain. Hey, it's either rain or drought, so don't let the boat get too far. Glad your moving forward! jojo

SassyFemme said...

I'd forgotten about Craiglist until I saw this post. We have an entertainment center we need to get rid of, now we can try with Craiglist! Cool... Thanks.