Friday, May 18, 2007

Sent Home Early

I made it about 5 hours today at work before one of my supervisors (I have 3) sent me home because I am sick. The congestion has settled into my chest and I can't stop coughing. And I can only make it through a few sentences before I start coughing. There was no way I was going to ask if I could go home, but since they insisted that I go home I had no choice but to follow their directions. I didn't want to get written up for not following their directions.

So excuse me while I enjoy a 4-6 hour high from cough/cold medicine and 2 hours of Little House on the Prairie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better-- just be forewarned that working inpatient substance abuse will involve multiple illnesses over the next year until you develop the necessary antibodies. Your patients, by nature of their disease, will be checking in with all sorts of nifty bugs and viruses-- it's part of their lifestyle to let their bodies get run down and thus, bring in all sorts of things you can catch-- lots of vitamins, hand sanitizer and Airborne...

Lynilu said...

Wow! You'll even fake pneumonia to watch LHOTP?!?!?!? Caroline ... that is just pathetic!!!

Seriously, I hope you're over this soon. DON'T SMOKE!!

Caroline said...

Lynilu--LOL. You know I will do anything to be able to watch LHOTP. It's my own personal addiction.

Caroline said...

anonymous--my boss has already told me that i should be prepared to be sick a lot the first year. i think i am going to invest in some vitamins and lots of sanitizer.