Sunday, April 01, 2007

1/2 Way There

Well, I am about halfway to Lynilu's house. It was a beautiful drive today with a bright sun and blue skies. Sophie did wonderful. I gave her her anxiety pill about an hour before we left and she slept most of the way. I would love to know what was going through her mind during the drive. This is the longest she has been in the car at one time, so I am sure she was wondering where the hell we are going.

I did learn some important things on my drive today. Here they are:

*Never ever leave any food in the front seat when you fill up the car. Sophie managed to eat the rest of my lunch while I was inside paying for our gas. When I came out she looked at me like "What? I thought you were done." I hope she doesn't get gas tonight because our hotel room is small.

*Toll Roads are worth the money. I love how smooth the toll roads are and there are NO potholes. The minute you exit the toll road it seems you make up for all those miles you were on perfect pavement.

*Always remember to check your battery in your camera before leaving. I went to take a picture and my camera is not working. My only guess is that the battery is dead. At least I pray that is all that is wrong.

*There are way too many "break up" and "my heart is hurting cause of you" songs on the radio. I tried to avoid those, but it's hard when you only have 5 stations and you are tired of listening to your CD's.

All in all it was a very smooth trip today. I have 7 hours of driving ahead of me tomorrow. I imagine the closer I get to New Mexico the prettier the drive will be.

My anti-anxiety meds are kicking in a little bit. I am still very nervous and I am worrying a lot too. I feel that I have no stability in my life right now. I don't have a job which is making me worry about money issues, I worry about being strong enough to get past all of this without making my life and Laura's life miserable, and there are about a million other things I am worrying about.

I am working really hard on a positive attitude. I have lots of moments where I am excited about the future, but there are moments where I am scared to death. I wish I could bottle up those moments where I am excited and pull it out when I am feeling down.

Tomorrow is a new day and I can't wait to see my friend.

7 comments:

amy h said...

I hope the rest of your trip is safe, too! Enjoy your time with Lynilu. She's in the Southwest now, right? I love the Southwest in springtime.

Roadtrips can be good to clear the mind. Have you ever seen "Elizabethtown"?

Lynilu said...

And your friend can't wait to see you! Hurry safely!!!!

Caroline said...

amy--Elizabethtown was an awesome movie. I had forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder about the movie.

lynilu--I would be there quicker, but Sophie keeps wanting to stop to go to the bathroom. :) We should be there by mid afternoon. YEA

Trop said...

Satellite radio is a MUST for long (and even short) road trips.

One Messed Up Chick said...

we're so happy you are having a safe trip so far. :) You deserve it! Be safe!

pack of 2 said...

Have a great time with your friend.

Be safe!

Shelly

Minnesota Nice said...

Yeah, funny (not funny haha, but funny wierd) how you notice all the break-up songs on the radio after a break-up. Are they supposed to help???? Hope you've made it safely there by now, and are having a nice cup o' tea with Lynilu.