Saturday, March 31, 2007

Facing it Head On

I made another important decision today.

I really want to remain friends with Laura and in order for that to happen I need to leave for a while. I am making myself miserable as well as Laura. I need to leave so that our friendship has room to grown.

I am thrilled to be able to go and visit Lynilu and see her new house. It will be good to get out of town and spend some time with myself. I am taking Sophie dog with me for the companionship on the road. She gets a little nervous in the car, so we went and got her some "happy pills" from the vet. I am hoping they will relax her enough that she doesn't mind that we are in the car for 12 hours. I will be leaving around noon tomorrow and plan on doing 1/2 the drive. On Monday I will continue on and arrive at Lynilu's by mid afternoon. I plan on staying until Easter Sunday when I will start my venture home.

It was hard admitting to myself that Laura and I get along better when we are not around each other. I hope that this is just a temporary thing because it's important to both of us that we remain friends.

Tomorrow as I leave I will be facing my fear head on. Throughout all of this my biggest fear has been that Laura and I would no longer be partners. Tomorrow is the day that I will look that fear in the eye and say to myself "I am no longer afraid".

3 comments:

Nathalie said...

Hey girl, please have a safe trip and drive carefully. Sophie will keep you good company :) And seeing your friend will most definately give you a good boost of strenght! Only good can come out of this trip you are taking. Take some time for yourself, some time to relax, and some time for fun times too. Let us know when you make it there. We'll be sending you good vibes for your safe travels. *HUGS*

Lynilu said...

I'm looking forward to your visit! Hurry carefully here! :)

Francesca said...

I've just been catching up on your blog and am sorry to hear about your break-up with Laura. I know it's a very challenging time, but you will get through it.

Good for you on venturing out to visit your friend, Lynilu, at a time when you likely need it the most.

One day at a time.

Take care...