Saturday, March 24, 2007

Tis the Season....

to start mowing the yard again.

We have had rain almost all week and all that rain has turned the grass bright green and of course got it growing. So this morning I decided that in between rain showers I would get out to mow. I am not the best person as maintaining the lawn mower and I am nervous every spring when I go to start it. As always my dependable little mower that I bought 9 years ago from Sears started right up. I would never buy any mower then the Sears brand. In the past when I would mow I would just use an old walkman I had and listen to the radio. This year I have my MP3 player. It's great mowing to the songs I like and not having to listen to commercials. Here are some pictures from this morning.
Here's the front yard. The grass this year is so thick; almost like velvet. I love it. It will feel good to get my bare feet on it when it warms up.
Another shot of the front yard. Next step is to get new mulch for the yard. It takes about 30 bags of mulch to cover the whole front yard.

This is a very special part of the yard. I gave this "bird watcher" to Lynilu's husband in 2000. He was known to sit on his back deck and just listen and watch the birds. When he passed away I asked Lynilu if I could have it back to put in my yard. I have a bird sanctuary where I have a bird feeder and this little guy looks right out onto the sanctuary. Last night I slept with the windows open and when I woke up this morning I could hear all the birds. It made me think if Glenn and how much I miss him.


4 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

I love that bird watcher! Nice mowing job, too. Hope you're having a great weekend.

Monogram Queen said...

I love the bird watcher. Stacy takes care of the mowing but I love the smell of fresh mown grass even if it clogs up my nose. Do you know how long it took to type this post w/out typos.. LOL

Lynilu said...

I miss the little bird watcher. I'm glad you have him where he is. I'm sure Glenn would like it there.

The lawn looks wonderful! I know how therapeutic it is for you to mow, so I know your day has been a good one. Hey, know what I realized I left at your house? The tiller!! I'll pick it up next time I'm there or if Scottie comes out as planned, I'll ask if he will come pick it up.

Lynilu said...

BTW, that house in the background is certainly nice looking! ;-)