Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday Thoughts

I have an inspirational book that I read each morning. There is a passage for each morning. I have found that this little book helps me right when I need it. Sometimes it's as if God is actually speaking to me. Here is this mornings passage:

March 25: A Few More Scenes

"In (this) world you will have tribulation, " Jesus promises, "but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." -John 16:33

God has kept no secrets. He has told us that, while on this yellow brick road (of life), we will experience trouble. Disease will afflict bodies. Divorce will break hearts. Death will make widows and devastation will destroy countries. We should not expect any less. But just because the devil shows up and cackles, we needn't panic.

Our Master speaks of an accomplished deed....."It is finished" (John 19:30). The battle is over. Be alert. But don't be alarmed.....The manuscript has been published. The book has been bound. Satan is loosed for a season, but the season is oh-so-brief.....Just a few more scenes, just a few more turns in the road, and his end will come.

--Max Lucado

I will get through today.

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

Of course, you will, because you're not alone, and because you're a strong woman. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

It is always intriguing to me that you are such a spiritual person. You seem to believe in god and all his/her stuff in spite of your upbringing with the witnesses. I wish I was as strong and as sure as you seem to be. Peace.

yankeegirl said...

Caroline- Lynilu is right. You are very strong. I've no doubt you'll get through this day and all the days to come ((hugs))