Monday, March 05, 2007

6 Weeks From Today


Six weeks from today Laura and I will be exchanging our vows in Key West. I have been struggling trying to find the right words to say to Laura. How do you tell someone they are the reason you are still here? Since the fall I have been trying to put the words together and have been praying that I would not sound like an idiot when I say those words to her.

Saturday night I was driving to pick up our dinner when the words finally came to me. I kept thinking "I can't forget these words, I can't forget these words". I came home and typed them up right away. I went back on Sunday and added a few things, but overall I am thrilled with what I have come up with.

It's hard to believe that we are almost to April 16 already. I have been looking forward to this day since..well...forever. I was recently thinking about my first marriage. The vows my ex-husband and I exchanged were the standard vows for JW's. There was nothing personal in them. It was very boring. This time is so different. First of all, I am totally in love with Laura. I think I loved my ex-husband, but I don't think I was in love with him. Now that I am in love I know how it feels, and I was in no way in love with my ex.

We have a busy 5 1/2 weeks until we leave for Florida. Two weeks from this Saturday we are flying to Dallas to meet up with our friends Sharon & Jen. It's going to be a fun weekend. The day after we get back from Dallas I start my new job. Then 2 1/2 weeks later we leave for Florida.

I want our weekend in Dallas and our trip to Florida to go slowly so I can take in everything. Last April our trip to Florida was a trip of a lifetime. We are so thankful that we get a second trip of a lifetime and this time I get to tell my love of a lifetime what she means to me. It's going to be perfect, just perfect.

10 comments:

SassyFemme said...

What an exciting time for you! Your energy and excitement bounces off of your words! I can't wait to see pics and hear the story of the vow exchange.

Bo said...

Congratulations! All the best to both of you.

One Messed Up Chick said...

We'll have to exchange pictures since we'll both be celebrating our love with our partners. (just email me the naughty ones) LOL Just kidding hon, you know that I am so excited for both of you!! Love is great and when you find the one, you've won the lotto!

Caroline said...

sassy--i think the place we are staying is wireless, so I am sure i will be posting pics at some point during the trip.

bo--thanks for stopping by and commenting. love your blog, btw

eye--lol, you are too funny. there is a price for those naughty pics. how much are you willing to pay?? :):)

Casey said...

Congratulations on getting the vows done - that's HUGE!!! I cna't beleive it is coming so quickly - it's going to be awesome!

Monogram Queen said...

Honey it is going to be exciting and i'm so excited for the both of you.
You will savor each and every second and I can't wait to hear the vows (if you decide to share them with us that is)

Caroline said...

casey--it was a huge thing. laura is the english major and has such an easy time finding her words that i wanted to make sure mine were perfect.

patti--i don't think laura or i would have a problem with sharing our vows. thanks for being so excited for us.

amy h said...

I remember at your first wedding, you were the first of my friends to get married, so I was totally bawling just at the concept of your dad giving you away -- that all of us were starting our own lives away from our families. You were pretty young, you know -- this time seems more real or something. I think any marriage must start with both people knowing themselves well, and you seem to know yourself better now.

I'm sure any words you say will be great because they'll come from the heart.

Sonya said...

How cool that they just came to you. I'd love to read them if you are up for sharing.

Caroline said...

amy--you are so sweet. it does seem more real this time doesn't it? i agree with you i know myself better. i was so young and i really hadn't broken away from my parents when i got married the first time.


sonya--we will probably share after the ceremony. laura reads my blog and i want her to hear them for the first time on the day.