Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Getting There


Today Laura and I went out looking for our clothes for our ceremony. Since I have put on weight I have hated shopping for clothes. OK, that is a lie, I have always hated shopping for clothes, but since I have gained weight I have hated it even more. I was looking forward to this shopping trip because we were looking for our outfits for the ceremony, not because I got to try on a lot of clothes. I have always had a false sense of what looks good on me and what I like. The things I like never look good on me and I always walk away disappointed and feeling bad about myself.

Today was different. I walked in found the top I am going to wear almost immediately. I was praying as I went back to the dressing room that it would look good and this wasn't another false sense of reality. The size was a size that I have not worn in probably 4 years. As I put the top on I was thrilled. It fit perfectly and more importantly, it looked great. I can not tell you how excited I was/am. I even ventured into the pants aisle and picked out a pair of pants that are a size that I have not seen since when I got married the first time. I tried them on, and yes they are a little snug, but dammit they fit. Probably just another 5lbs and they will fit perfectly.

I am happy that I am finally seeing some results from all my hard work. The above picture if one that Laura just took. Last summer the shirt I am wearing was fitting a little tight. Now it's almost to the point where it is too big.

Now that I have my outfit for the ceremony and my vows written I am officially ready for Florida. It's going to be a long 5 1/2 weeks.

16 comments:

Casey said...

Wow girl! You rock! Congrats all over the place. :) :)

Holly said...

You look great!
You must be so excited that this is all coming together for the big day!

Zoe said...

That's fantastic. It's nice to see all of your hard work pay off.

Minnesota Nice said...

How exciting! You'll both be beautiful for your ceremony.

Caroline said...

zoe--thank you so much casey. i have been waiting to take a picture til i could tell i was making some progress.

holly--thanks so much. we are so excited. i find myself sitting and thinking about the trip at night and getting butterflies.

zoe--it is very nice to finally see all my hard work paying off. i can see the scale going down, but it's nice to finally see progress in pictures

sandra--oh, thank you so much sandra. i don't know about me, but i know laura is going to be just stunning.

chapin said...

Congrats to you and the willpower. I need to find a bit more than I have at the moment. Keep up the good work!!

yankeegirl said...

Caroline- you look fantastic! I know you're so excited for FL!
Good Job- keep it up!

SassyFemme said...

You look fabulous! Good for you!

Caroline said...

chapin--the willpower took a few weeks to kick in, but once it did it's kind of taken over.

chapin--thanks so much. yes we are very excited for florida. we can barely sit still

sassy--thanks so much. it's so nice finally seeing the results.

Lynilu said...

You are doing a marvelous job, and I'm so happy for you on all counts. You are looking really good!!

Tammy said...

What a wonderful feeling. I hate shopping for clothes too. I just wanna get it and GET OUT!

Rose of Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monogram Queen said...

You are doing GREAT! Congratulations. I am a shop-a-holic (as you well know) but finding something you love, looks good on your and just plain makes you feel good is just the best!

Caroline said...

lynilu--thanks so much. it seems that the last couple of weeks the weight has really been coming off and it feels great

tammy--me too. i will do anything to get out of shopping for clothes. infact, i prefer for laura to go pick my clothes out for me.hehe

sharon--i am just praying that my motivation will keep up once i start work

patti--i was so happy that one of the first tops i looked at was the one for me. i think that helped my attitude.

amy h said...

Congrats! You look great! I get annoyed shopping when they don't have my size -- it can really make you feel low. But there is nothing like shopping after you've dropped some pounds!

Trop said...

Kudos for you weight loss success!