Saturday, February 17, 2007

What a Difference

It's amazing how one day can make such a big difference in my attitude. After thinking about it (and talking with Laura) we decided we are going to call my dental insurance company and ask them for someone on their list where I can get a second opinion. Because even if the dentist and the person I go to for the root canal are not connected in some way my dentist still makes a profit when I have a root canal since I then need a crown. And even if yes I have to have 2 more root canals (although I am hoping for just one) this is the worst it is. After this I am done with all my dental work. Things always have a way of working out.

Yesterday I was depressed and worried and this morning when I woke up I decided to choose to have a positive attitude about it. We got up, went to the gym and I have the best workout yet. I did 55 minutes on the Elliptical trainer and burned a whopping 604 calories. That is double my other workouts and burning of calories. It felt amazing. To celebrate this accomplishment we went out and bought a heart rate monitor for me. I have found if I keep my heart rate in my target zone then I can go on forever. Well, not forever, but at least 55 minutes. This afternoon I also downloaded 6 new songs for my MP3 player. I am tempted to go back the gym just to listen to the songs, but I think my body needs a little rest after today's workout.

After the gym I was starving. So we went to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. I enjoyed every bite knowing what kind of workout I had just a few hours earlier. It's amazing how much better the food tastes when I am working out and I don't have a constant feeling of guilt.

I have a job interview on Monday which I am looking forward to. But I will tell you the job will have to be close to perfect since I am enjoying my time off so much.

Oh, and we are now under 2 months until we leave for Florida. Do I need to tell you how excited I am???

8 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

Im excited for you too with only 2 months til Flordia!! That means that we will be in Canada celebrating our aniversary with Nat's family. Its great you had such a good workout!! Keep your chin up :) (((hugs)))

Lynilu said...

Hey! You CAN NOT go to that restaurant withouy me!!!!!! Oh, well, OK, if it pulled you out of the dumps, I'll live with it. But I'm pouting!!

Where is the interview?? Good luck!

Caroline said...

eye--i bet you are excited about your trip to Canada. thanks for the encouragement

lynilu--we tried to call you, but I think you were out riding with your new truck.

Syd said...

Times like this make you glad you chose a good partner, don't they? Amazing how a few words can change your whole outlook.

Lynilu said...

OH, well, OK, as long as I was having fun!!

amy h said...

That sounds like a great workout! The elliptical machine is about the only exercise machine I can stand. Good luck with the interview! I hope you really like the place (and they like you).

Caroline said...

syd--you are so right about that. thanks to laura my bad days don't turn into bad weeks anymore.

lynilu--you need to put pictures up of your new baby. we keep checking..

amy--it was a good workout, but i am so tired tonight. i am sure i will sleep really good.

SassyFemme said...

Hey, good luck with your interview tomorrow!