Friday, February 16, 2007

Shock

I was expecting this post to be a little different. It was to be a celebration in a sense.

I went to the dentist this morning to have the last of my cavities filled and then I was going to be done; at least until June for my regular cleaning.

I have 2 teeth that need to be looked at for possible root canals. The dentist is 90% sure on one tooth, and the other is about a 50/50.

I am thankful that I kept my dental insurance through my work.

But it's still a lot of money.

$900 per tooth for the root canal and crown.

I feel like I just can't catch a break here.

I am depressed and worried.

What a great way to start the weekend.

7 comments:

amy h said...

I'm sorry you are having MORE dental problems! Chris' mom had a stretch like that and ended up having to have two teeth pulled -- ugh.

SassyFemme said...

Caroline, this many root canals for one person is just crazy. Are you 100% SURE your dentist is on the up and up?

Caroline said...

amy--i am about to the point where i am wanting to say "just pull the tooth"

sassy--i go to a different dentist for the root canal. last summer when they told me i needed 2 root canals i went to this other dentist and i was told i only needed one. i am anxious to see what this other dentist has to say.

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm sorry. I can't believe you're not done with this yet, it's just unbelievable!!!!

Casey said...

Holy crap! That is unbelievable! As a child I was involved in a horrible bicycle accident and knocked out 7 of my teeth (several baby teeth and some perm.) and I have only had 6 root canals ever from all the trauma. How is this possible? Do they offer any explanations at all? This is so nutty! I just can't believe it. I am so, so, so sorry!!!!!

Lynilu said...

Geez-Louise! I'm so sorry, kid. I don't blame you for being down, but don't let it keep you there. I know it is serious, but remember all the blessings you have besides that. Try to smile ... you're beautiful when you do! Just ask Laura.

SassyFemme said...

Caroline, did one of the dentists recommend the other? Are they in any way connected? If so, then go to a third (fourth?). Get a completely seperate opinion, IMO.