Friday, February 23, 2007

Waiting


Still no phone call, but I am not going to worry about it. I am sure I will hear something by early next week.

Today has been a busy day for me so far. I keep thinking that I had no idea that being unemployed would mean I would be so busy. I went to the gym this morning and did 55 minutes on the Elliptical trainer. I love how I now have the mind set that anything less than 40 minutes is not good enough. I never thought I would be like that. I got on the scale this morning and have officially lost 25lbs. I am a little less the halfway to my goal. After the gym I decided since I had such a good workout that I deserved a bagel. Not having my bagels everyday really makes me appreciate them when I do have them. Once I got home I realized the cats were out of food so it was out to the pet store. And now I am finally home ready to relax.

The above picture I took of myself and Ben. I used to have a love/hate relationship with the pictures that were taken of me. I loved having a picture of whatever we were doing, but I hated seeing pictures of myself and how I had let myself go. Last night I took a couple pictures of myself and the pets and I really like what I am seeing. I love how my face is getting it's shape back. I still have a way to go, but I am liking what I am seeing so far.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. We are probably going to be staying in most of the weekend. We are suppose to get storms this weekend that could include snow. I guess we have to say goodbye to our 60 degree weather for a while.

5 comments:

Casey said...

That's a great photo! Very fun. :) Don't you just hate feeling like you are waiting for the phone to ring and then, when it does, you jump sky high? Hate that!

Isn't it crazy how much there is to do in a day? I have been known to say that I just don't know how I *could* work outside the home - there is a never ending supply of work here for me.

Minnesota Nice said...

25 pounds, that is AWESOME!!!! I know you're putting a lot of work into this, well done.

Are you noticing that your clothes don't quite fit anymore? That's a blessing and a curse...but more a blessing I guess.

SheA said...

Way to go with the 25lbs. That is awesome. I hear ya on the snow- we are supposed to get pounded on Sunday, so when I went to the grocery store-things were flying off the shelves like made- I was thinking it was the Apocalypse.

Rose of Sharon said...

You are doing a fabulous job of keeping up with your workouts and even increasing your time on the elliptical machine.

Wow, 25lbs! That is truly fantastic! Keep up the great work and doesn't it feel good when you finally see the results. You know it's working when you see your body change.

Kudos to you!

Caroline said...

casey--i do hate just waiting for the phone to ring. it's like watching water boil.

sandra--my clothes are fitting very well. most of my workout clothes are just hanging on me. it's wonderful

shea--i think it's funny when people freak out about the weather and go to the store like it's the end of the world. i think we are suppose to get just a little snow sunday morning

sharon--thank you so much. i finally feel that i can make it to the end