Saturday, February 24, 2007

Evolution of a Bathroom

So the bathroom is 99% done. We are so happy with the end results. I thought I would go back through to show you what our bathroom looked like before and how it looks now. We have a few more things we are going to do in the bathroom, but we are so happy we've gone this far.
Here is what our bathroom looked like. I knew it needed some updating, but now that I am looking at these pictures I am wondering why it took us so long to do something. Don't you just love those colors?
Here is the shower. It really looks bad. I am so embarrassed.
Another view of the bathroom before. If you will notice we had carpet in there. It was a huge pain to clean.
After day 1 of the construction this is what our bathroom looked like. It really felt like we were camping for a week. We even had to use Lynilu's shower for 2 days since we only have one bathroom and the shower was not done.
Here is the bathroom today. We have our pictures back on the wall, the walls are painted and I think it looks pretty good. I am not sure what that white line is under the picture on the back wall. Don't worry we did paint the entire wall.
Another shot of the wall. You can kind of tell the color of paint we picked out for the wall. I tried getting a close up, but it didn't turn out well.
Here is a shot looking the other way. I love the look and feel of our bathroom now. It's very warm and cozy. It has the island feeling.
Here is a picture of the tile.

One last shot of our vanity. I think this is my favorite part of our new bathroom. This vanity/mirror set usually sells for $300, but we found it on clearance for $99. Not bad if I do say myself.

5 comments:

Casey said...

Wow! That's quite a difference! You have every reason to be proud. :) (And the white lines under the picture in that one photo is the reflection from the flash and/or bathroom light in the mirror. The camera lens picked it up and amplified it)

One Messed Up Chick said...

It looks great! What a difference! Now I can tell everyone I have been in your bathroom :) Yeah, I know I have a weird sense of humor ;) (wink,wink)

Rose of Sharon said...

Wow, that's gorgeous! I love the island feeling! Feels like you're in a nice condo in the Carribbean! I can't believe you guys did that by yourselves! So handy dandy! I'm impressed!!!

Caroline said...

casey--thanks for the clarification on the white light showing up on some of the pictures.

eye--lol. you are too funny

sharon--we did not do all of it. we had a company come in and do all the construction. we did most of the cosmetic things to the bathroom.

Minnesota Nice said...

Gosh, I adore your wall art! Very good taste, you guys!