Tuesday, February 20, 2007

One Month

Last night as I was laying in bed trying to go to sleep I kept thinking about our trip to Florida in April. I am getting so excited that every time I think about our trip I get butterflies in my stomach. We still have a lot to do before we get on the plane and here is our "to do" list:

*Find our outfits for the commitment ceremony. We have some pretty good ideas as to what we are going to wear now we just need to find it.

*Decide on flowers (Laura's younger sister who is coming with us and is helpin us decide on things will freak when we jokingly tell her "we'll just get some wild flowers from the side of the road on our way down.")

*Decide where we are going to eat after the ceremony

*Write my vows. Luckily the charter that is taking us out has vows they use (which we love), but we are going to add something just to make it more personal and more "us".

Last week I got an email from Expedia saying there was a change in our itinerary. I looked and it was showing us leaving at 9:15am instead of the 6:20am we had originally booked. We were suppose to get into Florida at 12:30 and now we are not getting in until 4:00pm. After talking with Expedia we were told we would have to call the airline. So I called American and I waited and I waited and I waited. 30 minutes later I finally talked with someone and they said our original flight was canceled and this was the best they could do. The only good thing is we are now on the same flight as little sis and hubby. But we are still getting in way later then what we had planned.

My ticker that is counting down to our ceremony is now at the very bottom of my blog. When I switched to the new template I couldn't figure out how to put it at the top. Today is reads: 1 month 3 weeks and 6 days. I know it's really 2 months, but I am just so excited to see it read "1 month".

**Update**We found where we will eat after the ceremony. If you click HERE you will see where our celebration dinner will be.

6 comments:

Patti_Cake said...

Congrats Honey, focus on that one word "month" :)
I can't like cancelled flights. Oh well you found the silver lining at least you can fly with sis/hubby! I'm off the rest of the week. They will just have to suck it up around here and figure things out on their own :P

Sonya said...

You are going to have so much fun!

For our ceremony, in Seattle, we picked up incredible flowers in the market that morning.

Lynilu said...

I know the excitement is just bubbling! Flowers ... what could be more appropriate than Bird of Paradise? Just sayin'! Hibiscus is also very pretty and plentiful there, too.

Less than a month ... really sounds good!

Caroline said...

patti--i am so glad you are off for the rest of the week. that will give you a chance to unpack the house and get it all set up

sonya--we know we want some tropical flowers and i am sure the florists around where we are staying will have beautiful flowers. we can't wait

lynilu--very good ideas. we will have to look into that. thanks

Rose of Sharon said...

You are dealing sooo well with the canceled flight thing. I would have let it get me down.

The restaurant looks beautiful and it's right on the water...just what you girls like.

We didn't have flowers for our private ceremony....I hope you pick beautiful ones.

How about dress shopping in Dallas? :)

Caroline said...

sharon--we are actually kind of excited becuase now we are on little sis's flight. and for looking for something to wear in dallas...i am not sure we could fit anything more into our trip. :)