Monday, February 19, 2007

Good Home

So I had my interview this morning. It went really well. I am feeling really good about this position and I think I would like what I would be doing. Plus, as I was walking out someone that I knew from my previous job came up and said HI. I was surprised she was working there, but it would be good to know at least one person when I start. Oh and the other good thing is the position does not start until March 26 which would give me one more month of time off. I did tell them about my trip in April and that I would be off for one week and it did not seem a problem at all to them. So, we'll see what happens and if I receive a call, but right now I am feeling pretty good about it.

One of the questions they asked me was "how do you handle the day to day stress in your job". I didn't even have to think about this question. I simply told them "I am lucky because I have a really good home to go home to. Some days I just need to vent and other days I just need to not say anything at all. My home is very supportive of my work and that really helps me get through the days that are very stressful."

It is such a breath of fresh air to have a happy and loving home to come home to. I am so thankful and grateful that I have a supportive and loving partner that always seems to know exactly what to say to me. It used to be that when I would have a bad day it would last days and days and sometimes weeks. There was even one period where I was having a bad day that lasted months. It was the worst time of my life. Now when I have a bad day it is usually just hours not days. As I was sitting in the dentist chair on Friday with tears running down my face trying not to let my sobs get too out of control I thought my world was ending. As I left the dentist I sat in my car just crying. I waited a few minutes and called Laura. All she said to me was "come home and we'll talk". That was what I needed to hear. I wanted to know that she was not disappointed in me and this was not the end of the world. My world did not end and in no way was she disappointed in me.

The result of my mini breakdown was two kick ass workouts which has helped me feel better about myself. Those two workouts gave me the self confidence I needed for my interview this morning and to remind myself that I am a good person and that just because I had a bad day it does mean it has to extend into more then one day.

6 comments:

amy h said...

I'm glad the interview went well! Wouldn't it be nice to have a month off and know there is a job at the end of it? That would be true relaxation for me.

The people who love you really help to put those bad moments in perspective. I'm glad they aren't lasting so long.

Minnesota Nice said...

"I am a good person and that just because I had a bad day it does mean it has to extend into more then one day"

Right on, thanks for that reminder, how true!

I hope they don't keep you in suspense for too long about the job.

Lynilu said...

You do have a good home. I'm very happy that you are there. You had waaaay to many years that were rocky, and it is good for you to have peace in hour heart at last.

Good luck on the job. If you don't start until later in March ... you can drive back with me, can't you?!?! :-) And does Laura want to come?

Holly said...

it's so wonderful to have that partner who keeps us sane, right?!!?

glad the interview went well! Can't wait to hear the follow up re: the job!

Rose of Sharon said...

You guys are so supportive and good for each other. Treasure that. I love hearing how you can calm and soothe each other.

Caroline said...

amy--it would be the perfect month off..and i would only have to work two weeks before we are off to floirda. yea

sandra--you are welcome for the reminder.

lynilu--i do indeed have a very good home. i thank God everyday for that

holly--even if i don't get the job i am glad i was able to brush up on my interview skills

sharon--thank you so much for the compliment