Monday, February 12, 2007

Cabin Fever


I went outside a few minutes ago to take some pictures of the wet and gray day we are having. We are expecting snow later on this evening which I am so excited about. I love winter, but I would rather it be white outside then brown and gray. As I was standing outside taking some pictures I noticed Ben (picture) at the door meowing. Ever since he got out in April he is more interested in going outside. I think he is suffering from Cabin Fever today. When it's warm outside I will carry him outside with me when we take the dog outside. Now he is wanting out on his own. We are going to have to keep an eye on that because if it were up to me he would never go outside again. I don't think I could handle losing him again.


This morning we got the second coat of paint on. And I have to tell you we LOVE, LOVE the color we picked out. There have been a couple times when we picked out a color and started painting and decided it wasn't the color we had wanted. This time the color is just perfect. Tomorrow I will priming the door frames and the window in the bathroom. Then I will be painting them white. I am so excited to see the finished product. We have pictures that we picked out a year ago for the bathroom and I can't wait to finally get them up.

We watched part of the Grammy's last night. I was so thrilled that the Dixie Chicks won all 5 awards they were nominated for. The minute I heard their song Not Ready to Make Nice, I loved it. That song says a lot about what I am going through with my family. During the Grammys Carrie Underwood sang the Eagles Desperado and I got to thinking about how my Mom used to say that was my brothers song. It got me to thinking about what song she now hears and thinks of me. I am not sure I would want to know either. When I hear Not Ready to Make Nice I think of my family. I am not sure they would want to know that either.

9 comments:

Casey said...

I, too, think it's great the the Dixie Chicks won. Good for them!!
Enjoy your snow fall. Know that I am very jealous. :)

Minnesota Nice said...

I'd never heard that song until the awards last night and right away I liked it! They always have awesome lyrics.

Caroline said...

casey--i thought of you when they said it was going to snow. if i could i would send you some. don't you wish you got the snow that fell in New York this past week? I was so jealous. i would love to be snowed in like that

sandra--you hadn't heard that song before? i love how despite being banned from stations they really came out on top last night.

Lynilu said...

That picture of Ben is precious! I can't believe I actually saw him so often during my stay.

Can't wait for the pictures!!

Parker said...

I was thinking after your post about your kitty wanting to go outside and how the weather is getting nasty (again) that it may be a great time to take some of your kitties to Wayside for adoption. We are low on kittens, but folks still come to adopt. If you think they are too feral, how about getting them appointments for Spay and Neuter with No More Homeless Pets/KC? Since you are considering moving, the kitties you care for outside need a back up plan - and a great first step is making certain that there will be NO MORE KITTENS! I hate to be a naggy gal, but I think of those cats often and I know you want to do the right thing for them. Thanks for all of your animal kindness! Your Friend,

WW Volunteer

SassyFemme said...

I was thrilled to hear they won! In San Antonio the country stations wouldn't play them, and would talk a load of crap about them. I listened to the streaming of that station today, they didn't say word one about them, I couldn't believe it. The country station up here was just going on and on about how great they were, and how wonderful they won.

Missy said...

Not Ready to Make Nice is truly my anthem these days. It really makes me think about anger and forgiveness. Awesome song, awesome artists.

Caroline said...

lynilu--i was also surprised that ben came out as much while you were here. i think our little boy is finally growing up

ww volunteer--welcome back. glad to see you commenting again. one of the new babies lets me pick him up. we will have to try to bring him/her in.

sassy--our country stations won't play them either, but our rock station does.

missy-that song was my anthem last summer. i just love every word.

Monogram Queen said...

I don't blame you for not wanting Ben out of your sight. I wish I had never let Brett and Spooky go outside either.
That's interesting how certain songs provoke certain feelings/memories. Very powerful.