Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Let It Snow

Well we got the snow they were predicting. It was fun last night watching the snow come in and by 10pm it was snowing pretty hard. It had rained most of yesterday so the city was unable to treat the streets before the snow started falling. Because of this, the roads are pretty bad today. Because we are so dedicated to working out we got up this morning and headed off to the gym. We have to drive on the highway for about 2 miles and even the highway was horrible. The road that was the best was the driveway up to the gym and the gym parking lot. After working out we had to pick up a few things at the grocery store. That was an experience all in it's own.
Sophie is thrilled that it snowed. I have never known any dogs that love snow as much as she does. And she's just like a little kid because her favorite thing to do when there is snow on the ground is to eat it. When we let her inside she immediately runs to the couch and jumps up. That's her way of warming up.
Here's our back deck. I guess we won't be using these chairs for a while.

It's suppose to get very cold the next couple of days. I think the high tomorrow is in the teens and then Thursday morning when we wake up it will only be 0. Brrrr!!

We have great plans for tomorrow for Valentine's Day. Laura planned all of it and I am so looking forward to it. Not only is it Valentine's Day tomorrow, but 2 months from tomorrow we are off to Florida. I need to really start working on my vows. I know what I want to say, but finding the words is hard. How in the world do I tell the woman I love how much I love her and how much she has changed my world?

6 comments:

Casey said...

It's beautiful!!! Enjoy.

Wow - only 2 more months to the ceremony. Very, very exciting! :)

Lynilu said...

Your snow is very pretty! And we are having snow today. So far it is about 2 or maybe 3 inches. I agree with you, I love the fresh, white snow; but then I like it to go away quickly, not linger and get brown and yucky!

Happy Valentine's Day to you guys!!

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm a big believer in actions speaking louder than words, don't stress out about getting the vows to be a work of art -- she knows how you feel :)

Caroline said...

casey--i can't beleive it's just 2 months away. i am so excited.

lynilu--enjoy your snow and happy valentine's day to you

sandra--it's hard not stressing about the vows since laura is so good with words and writing,but i am going to try to relax.

Rose of Sharon said...

I hope that the weather will stay good for you guys tomorrow. You guys be careful! Mishka experienced snow once....6 years ago when we got 3 inches. She didn't know what to do with it! :) I am so excited for the both of you. It sounds like such a wonderful ceremony coming up!

Have a great Valentine's Day tomorrow!

Patti_Cake said...

Oh I am so jealous of your snow, that and the fact I can't be in FL with you in April but I look forward to the pics and your blogging about it!