Sunday, February 11, 2007

Step Two

Most people I know take it easy on Sunday. Not us, at least not on this Sunday. We got up and went to the gym. After watching The Guardian last night I decided I wanted to do my workout in the pool. BTW, The Guardian is an awesome movie and at the end I looked to Laura and said, "well now I want to join the Coast Guard". I had a really good workout and I can really tell that my other workouts on the Elliptical trainer is paying off. Then we came home and got started with the bathroom.

This is the before picture. Looking at this picture I am glad we decided to to paint it because I can see how bad it really does look. I guess we just got used to looking at the sheet rock and the bare walls.
Here we are right before we started painting. It was a lot of work, especially right above the shower. My arms are very sore. We painted the walls a light brown/tan color. It has a hint of green which matches the tile on the floor perfectly. We are going to be painting the trim of the doors and windows white. I think the color will really stand out once we get the trim/window painted. We got one coat of the paint on today and will do the second coat tomorrow. Then later in the week when we are certain the paint is dry I will paint the trim/window. I will wait to show the after picture when the trim is done.

Here is a picture of Sophie to show that we have gotten back to normal. Sophie is very happy to be back on her bed. She only sleeps on it during the day or when we go somewhere. At night she is always right next to us. And yes that is the shower curtain on her bed. We had to take it down to paint. And you can see Sophie doesn't really care.



We have just a couple more things to do to the house before we could really think about putting it on the market. The minute the markets turns around I think we are going to put the house on the market. Even if it's just to get out of this neighborhood and to move to a neighborhood that doesn't have as much crime. Just yesterday the K-Mart that is about a mile from our home one of the employees was taken back into a back restroom and almost raped. And this happened in the middle of the day not at night.


Laura and I often talk about moving out of Kansas City. If we didn't own this house we would be out of here next week. Laura's work enables her to work at home and she could work from a distance. Since I am already looking for work this would be the perfect time to look for work in another state. We'll see what happens in the next few months. I am very excited about thinking about where we would want to move. Even if it's not a different state I think it will be nice to move to a new house that we find together as a couple.

8 comments:

Lynilu said...

Boy, I really stirred the water, didn't I???

Lynilu said...

BTW, can't wait to see the finished product!

Casey said...

You know, I always *think* the bathroom will be oh so easy to paint. It's a small room and all. But why is it so freakin' difficult? I swear - I hate painting bathrooms. Good for you for getting it done!

Rose of Sharon said...

That's a lot of work, repainting a bathroom. Can't wait to see the finished product! I think it's so neat that you guys can redo your bathroom like that. It's awesome.

And hey, there is a house for sale just two doors down! :)

Monogram Queen said...

You are so right, it will be exciting to buy a house together as a couple. "Your place" so to speak!

Rose of Sharon said...

Hm, I left a comment last night. Did it not show up? Or did the moderator ban me? :)

Minnesota Nice said...

Ooh, I love before and afters! Can't wait to see the new color!

Caroline said...

lynilu--laura and i were talking about why we delayed the painting and i think part of it had to do with the whole process of the BBB. Then the holidays came up and I was so consumed with decorating. We are happy we got it done now and it looks so good..

casey--i kept thinking it was going to be easy, but there are so many small spaces to get to. i am so sore today

sharon--we'll just wait for you to send the house info to us. don't forget we'll be there a week from friday..hehe

patti--yes we are looking forward to finding a house together and then moving in together. it's so exciting

sandra--the after pictures should be up by this weekend