Monday, January 22, 2007

You Asked...I Answer

What great questions you all had. Here are the answers.

1) Sharon asked: Is it Carol-LINe or Carol-LYN? It is CaroLINE. My family call me Carolyn, but still spell it Caroline. I used to hate my name growing up, but now LOVE my name; the way it is pronounced as well as spelled.

2) Sandra asked: If you could live anywhere in the world, assuming you had jobs and all that practical stuff covered....where would you live? I would probably have to have two houses. One in Northern Minnesota and then one in the Florida Keys. If it were up to me I would live in Minnesota all the time, but I don't think Laura would put up with the cold temps and snow.

3) Anonymous asked: What are the top 3 date night destinations in KC? I would have to say for us it would be 1) Marina Grog and Galley 2) Kokopelli's and 3) Plaza

4) Eye of the Rainbow asked: How many colors are in a rainbow flag and what does each color stand for? And do you own a rainbow flag? I thought this was a wonderful question. If you click here you can see what the colors on the flag mean and the history. Very interesting. We don't have a rainbow flag, but lots of things in our house with the rainbow on it.

5) Lynilu asked: What is the best thing in your life BESIDES each other?
Caroline--I would have to say all our furry pets. When I was by myself they were my companions. They were always there greeting me when I came home and loved me no matter how crazy I acted.

Laura-- My family

6) Sassyfemme asked: Tell us the story of how you guys met and fell in love? When I was working in a small town south of KC I met Laura through my job. We met on May 7, 2004. Two weeks later I gave her my phone number and she asked when I would be home and settled so she could call. I told her 8pm and would you believe she waited until 8:45pm to call me. I thought for sure she wasn't going to call me. She later said she waited on purpose. That first night we talked until 2am. After talking nonstop on the phone for one week (boy was my Mom mad since she couldn't get through on the phone line) we set up our first date for May 28th. (the day before my b-day) We were together from then on and Laura officially moved in late July.

7) Trop asked: a) What is the meanest thing you have ever done? I was mean to a girl in middle school because her Mom had MS. I regret that moment to this day.
b) What book has had the most profound influence on your life? I would have to say Pat Conroy's "The Prince of Tides". It was that book that I realized how much fun reading can be. I thank my English teacher in 10th grade for that.
c) What is one thing you wanted as a kid but never got? A younger brother or sister.
d) How much money would you like to be making in ten years? More then what I am now.
e) What is the hardest thing for you to do? Parrell park
f) If you were a professional wrestler, what would your ring name be? I have no idea
g) What do you hate sharing with people? My pens
h) What odd body habits do you have? I pick at the calicus' on my feet
i) How would you rate yourself on the political scale? Liberal
j) Who is your favorie television animal? Snoopy
Whew!!

8) Ace of Spades asked: a) What is your favorite restaraunt? Either "On the Border" or "Kokopellli's b) What is your favorite food? Mexican c) What characteristics does your ideal partner have? Honest and caring d) Where did you two meet and who made the first move? I made the first move.

9) Patticake asked: In light of your recent influx of wintry weather: Would you rather build a snowman or a snow angel and why? I would rather build a snowman because I wouldn't get so cold and it would last longer then a snow angel.

8 comments:

amy h said...

Well, if I still slip and say Carol-LYN, sorry. :) Old habits die hard.

Unknown said...

cool questions....great answers!! What a neat idea for a blog post...may have to borrow it sometime in the future!! Hope you all get a break from the weather you've been having lately!!

Lynilu said...

You don't like people to borrow your pens? Really?? No shit?!?!?! ;-))

LOL! Yeah, even the ones you stole from me!! That's why I moved across the country, to preserve my pens from taking a walk to your house!!

Caroline said...

amy--no worries. for so long when people would ask me what my name was i would just say "carolyn". old habits are hard to break

boo7--no break from this weather in sight. more snow is expected on wednesday

lynilu--lol. you crack me up. when i was packing up my office i had your pen in my stash. i laughed and thought of you. would you believe it still works.

Lynilu said...

Yeah, well, the one I hid from you still works, too!!! LOL

Monogram Queen said...

Good answers! Mine was kinda lame, I know hehe....

M said...

i don't like sharing my pens with people either........ i hoard blue pens at work. :-)

Caroline said...

lynilu--you're coming back first of march right??? i can now look forward to getting more pens...right??


patti--your question wasn't lame. i thought it was very cleaver

manda--lol. i am glad there are more people out there just like me.