Friday, January 19, 2007

What I Learned My First Week

Well my first week of being home is almost over. I have learned some important things this past week. Here is my list.

*We now eat our big meal at noon and have a lighter meal in the evenings. I love doing this and it seems to be working. I have no heartburn at night and it's nice going to bed without a completely full stomach.

*Going to the gym first thing in the morning is the best thing for me. I get it over with and I really watch what I eat rest of the day.

*We have had wild winter weather in the week that I have been off and are now expecting 6 inches of snow tomorrow night. It's not as much fun when there isn't a chance that I will be off work. Don't get me wrong I love snow, but this ice has got to go. Our driveway is still one big sheet of ice. Just yesterday all the ice melted off my car. It's a mess here.

*I think I am addicted to court shows during the day. I watch all of them: Divorce Court, Judge Judy, Judge Mathis and Judge Joe Brown. Any suggestions on how to stop watching these brainless shows?

*The animals are very confused as to why I am home. They keep looking at me like, "I thought you had a job?" I think I have really messed up their routine.

*It really makes a difference when I am working out with my MP3 player. Having my own music makes the workout seem easier. My personal favorite song for this week is Rock Star by Nickleback. Great workout song.

*Depression hurts. I finally realized that I am a little depressed. I think it's the change in routine. It sucks and I am trying so hard to get out of this funk and not make like so difficult for me and Laura.

9 comments:

Lynilu said...

Re depression: You're going through quite a few life changes right now, and I'm not surprised that you are rebounding. The best thing you can do for yourself now is to stay busy and productive. Doing things around the house that you enjoy will be helpful, and stay away from negative crap on TV!!! And if you can't find enough to do around the house (???) do some volunteering! A geriatric center, a children's home or the animal shelter would all probably welcome your time. And . . . if you don't snap out of it, I'm going to force you to help me move about the first of March!!! You won't have time to think about anything else!! Hugs, my friend.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caroline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Caroline said...

lynilu--i am working on becoming more productive during the day. and you know i will help you when you come back here; funk or no funk

Rose of Sharon said...

I love Peoples Court with Judge Miliane (I can't spell her name)...she says it like it is. I can't stand Judge Judy anymore. Used to like her, but now I think she's just plain mean!

The new eating style is wonderful! Wish I could do that!!

Depression: that is something that we all seem to struggle with...or at least I find that it's more common than I think it is. I think it's wonderful that you and Laura have a great relationship and I know it helps lifts you up when you know someone loves you.

Caroline said...

sharon--Oh, i forgot about People's court. I love watching it because my Grandmother (who once owned the house L and I live in) used to watch it also and loved it.

Laughing Daily said...

The easiest way to not watch tv, is to not turn it on in the first place.

You might want to try the radio, or a CD instead.

Trop said...

Whenever I go to my attorney's office, those court shows are on the TV in the lobby. I walk in thinking what a miserable life I have (why else would I be seeing an attorney), until I see those shows. I can't stand them otherwise.