Thursday, January 18, 2007

Another Meme

Both Laura and I were tagged by Sharon. So here are our answers.

1. If you had to choose one vice in exclusion of all others what would it be?
L--Excluding all others is tough…filet mignon with a berlinaise sauce.

C--I would probably still have steak fajitas. I love, love fajitas.

2. If you could change one specific thing about the world what would it be?
L--Poverty- I read a quote which really had an impact on me. “If you have a roof over your head, food on your table, and clothes on your back, you have more than 75% of the people in the world.”

C--Human Rights-I think all humans should have the same rights no matter your color, religion or sexual orientation. Just because I love another woman doesn't mean I am a second class citizen as some would think.

3. Name the cartoon character you identify with the most.
L-- Sylvester the Cat- He reminds me of when I was a kid. I went to school one day to come home to a pink patchwork designed bedroom. To rebel, my tomboy self bought a velvet picture of Sylvester the cat to hang on my wall. Mom hated it.

C--The Smurfs-this all started when I was in middle school and a guy (Dan Renzi from the Real World-Miami) I was dating started calling me "smurfy". It is similar to my last name.

4. If you could live one day in your life over again which one would it be?
L-- When an ex said something that should have been a clue to me, I didn’t have the self-worth to walk away. I rehearse that day in my mind too much.

C--The last time I was at my parents house (August 2004). I think I would have spoke up more and told my parents exactly what I thought of how they were treating me. I think things can come across better if you hear them face to face rather then in an email.

5. If you could go back in history and spend a day with one person who would it be?
L-- Harper Lee as she was writing To Kill a Mockingbird. It’s her only book, and I want to know what she was thinking as she prepared the manuscript. She vowed never to write again.

C--My birthmother. Even though I was with her the day she had to say goodbye to me I wish I could remember what she said to me, etc.

6. What is the one thing you lost, sold or threw away that you wish you could have back?
L-- My Fuji Petite Ace road bike. It was the perfect fit, but I got rid of it in a pity party after I broke my ankle.

C--I really have no idea.

7. What is your one most important contribution to this world?
L-- In the past three years I’ve really grown up and been able to identify my priorities. I’d say the people I love know I love them. I’m proud of the way I show that unconditionally.

C--My good heart. If I saw someone that was needing something I would do anything to help that person. I guess that's why I am a social worker.

8. What is your one hidden talent that nearly no one knows about?
L-- I’m a poet. It makes sense with all the writing I do, but I don’t share much anymore. I did in college and I’ve read pieces to an audience.

C--I am double jointed in my arms and fingers.

9. What is your most cherished possession?
L-- I don’t want to copy of Sharon; however, not copying has the potential to get me in trouble. I’ll say Sophie cat. LOL

C--Our computers since it has all our pictures on it.

10. What one person influenced your life the most when growing up?
L-- My father. We are so much alike. His positive characteristics are mine, and his flaws are mine. It was a slam in the face when as an adult I had some of his traits which drove me crazy. I work on those and love him in spite of them

C--My Grandmothers. They were very different from one another, but both taught me some very important lessons.

11. What one word describes you better than any other?
L--C. says friendly because I can’t help it.

C--Laura says genuine. And what she says around here goes.

3 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Good replies from both of you girls!
I remember, too, when I first started commenting on your blog and Ben was missing. I was so worried about a little black cat and a girl named Caroline whom I didn't even know... :) I heart you guys too!

One Messed Up Chick said...

Im going to borrow this from you guys :) Great answers by the way!!

Rose of Sharon said...

Thanks for playing!! I loved reading your answers.

Why Joan of Arc? I guess I wanted someone unique and she came to mind. Part of me wants to know if she really did see visions from God or if she was actually crazy.

Regardless, I think she portrays a strong woman with strong convictions. Something I want.