Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A Time to Shop

Today was my day off at the gym so I decided it was a perfect time to go see if I could find something with my gift certificate from Target. After I dropped Laura off at the gym I first went and got a bagel. My little gay guy from the bagel shop was transferred to a different bagel shop so I went to his new store this morning in hopes of seeing him. When he first saw me he smiled real big and said "What are you doing all the way out here?" He then proceeded to give me a big hug. It was good seeing him and I plan on going back next week to see him again. It had been since Friday since I had a bagel and it was so damn good. I miss getting a bagel every morning, but I know it's better to have oatmeal then a bagel.

I then headed off to Target. Laura gave me strict guidelines on what I could spend my gift certificate on. It had to be something just for me. So that meant that cat liter was out of the picture. In fact as Laura was getting out of the car this morning her last words to me were, "if you come back with cat liter I am going to kick your ass." And believe me, she would. When I first walked into Target I was completely overwhelmed. So much stuff to look at. Here is a list of things I got.

*Bad Boys Heartbreak-Power Ballets--As most of you know I love the 80's and this CD is filled with love songs from the 80's. I love it. Laura on the other hand said "I just can't win" when she got in the car and it was playing. I am constantly amazed at our differences in music.

*6 pairs of socks--May not seem like a big deal, but I have a slight obsession with socks. I would pick up new socks every time we went to Walmart, but Laura forbids me. So I thought this gift certificate was the perfect opportunity to "get something for myself that I normally wouldn't buy". (quote from Laura prior to my visit to Target)

*2 new towels for the bath--We can never have too many bath towels

*6 new butter knives--I get so tired of not having butter knives that I decided to get some more. It's like socks and the dryer; we always seem to lose some while they are in the dishwasher

*4 Valentine Candles--I love candles and these are so cute and have little hearts all over them. I heart them.

*Bath Salt--I love baths and love having scented bubble bath or bath salts while I am taking a bath. It seems to help with dry skin during the winter

That's what I found this trip to Target. I still have $10 left so maybe I sneak off tomorrow and get some cat liter. Just kidding Laura.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Butter knives and socks? We talked about an XM radio that she had wanted, and she comes back with socks. That's the only thing I don't like about this blog thing, ladies. Everything is so one-dimensional unless I get on to clarify. The woman has socks in her drawer which have never been opened. Jesus Maude. Do you hear that? That's Whitesnake playing in the background. LOL

Minnesota Nice said...

Any Def Leppard on that CD? Sounds good!

Caroline said...

laura--i love me some socks and butter knives.

sandra--no def leppard, but there's a poison song on there. you just gave me an excellent idea for my last $10.

Casey said...

I love your list of things bought. Very fun! :)

SassyFemme said...

That sounds like a great shopping trip. Fran has a sock thing, too. I can't wear her socks, either, or she pitches a fit.

Caroline said...

casey--i am glad someone liked what i bought today

sassy--i am the same way..i hate it when laura is wearing my socks. she tries to hide it, but i always know when they are my socks.