Monday, January 01, 2007

Dear Mom,

First of all, Happy New Year. Second, I got a very interesting call today from my sister in law on my side of the family today telling me some of the crap that continues to come from your and Dad's mouth. I was thankful she called me to tell me these things because it appears that I no longer should be trying or thinking that you will come around. It appears I need to start being preventative in regards to your negative energy and continued hatred.

It appears you have gotten some of your facts wrong. Please allow me to clarify them for you.

1) I did not get fired from my job; the grant providing my job/salary was done.

2) I did not get fired from my job due to me trying to run a co-worker over with a car. (I personally thought that was funny and a new low for you)

3) I did not get fired from my job because I put clients' names and personal information on this blog. Unlike you, I have ethics. If I were to put names of people on this blog it would probably be of family members that continue to cause negative energy in my life. Oops, I guess that is you, Dad and that bastard I call a brother.

4) I have not received any calls from Dad saying to take down the pictures of nephew or I will be prosecuted. I am not sure what you would prosecute me for in regards to these pictures since I took them and there is nothing questionable about them or why they were put on this blog. All was in good taste and Nephew's Mother even loved the title "Tonight Santa Drove a Honda". We got a good laugh about the title.

5) Nephew's Mom was given the address to this blog for her to check out for herself what is written here. I am looking forward to her reading about my life since what she hears from you guys is nothing but lies.

It appears all this is coming from you not being able to control me anymore or the fact that I still get to see my oldest nephew. One of the first things you said when I told you I was gay was that I would never get to see my nephews and they would never know who I was. I know it is killing you that I do get to see my oldest nephew, but I guess that is something you will just have to live with.

I am done reaching out to you because the more I reach out, the more you do to try to make my life miserable. I am happy to report that you trying to make my life miserable is just not working. As you know I was very unhappy during my late teens and all of my 20's. It wasn't until I finally got out from under your control and started living my life for ME and not YOU that I found happiness.

Just as I am not welcome in your house, this negative energy is not welcome in my home or life. I truly wish, for your health and happiness, that you would quit creating it.

As regards to my job, I know you won't, but you don't need to worry about me. I am actually really looking forward to my time off of work. Unlike my brother, Laura and I plan for things like this and financially we are more then ok. I am going to spend some time to get my health back and really take care of ME.

Your Daughter, Caroline

15 comments:

SassyFemme said...

{{{{{{{{{{{ }}}}}}}}}}}}

Anonymous said...

*I want to become more patient. I have very short fuse and there are many times I react to something in a manner that is not always good.

That lasted about 20 minutes.

Jolene George said...

Rifts in families are obviously so painful. I wish all of you happiness and peace in the year to come.

One Messed Up Chick said...

All I can do is give you my shoulder if you need it, it saddens me to think your family is like that. But you have all of us as your family too! (((((hugs)))))

Caroline said...

sassy--???

anonymous--i am sorry you feel that way and I am patient because i feel you have the right to your own opinion. if you would like a tracker for your own blog to identify who visits your blog you can get it at www.extremetracker.com

jolene--i am sorry to say that this is more then a "rift". you might reread some of my blog to see the whole situation. as a mother you will be shocked at how my mother and parents are treating me

Caroline said...

eye--thank you so much. you are so sweet. again, thank you.

sassy--thanks for the hugs.

yankeegirl said...

caroline,
(((hugs)))
It takes courage to confront that kind of negativity. I'm glad you have Laura to support you. You are right to debunk the lies and let your Mom's negativity rest where it belongs (on HER)
take care.

Casey said...

Oh hon - I'm sorry you have such crap with your family. Good for you for speaking your mind. They must be so completely unhappy with their own lives that the one thing that makes them feel better and taller than you is putting you down. How sad for them.

You are an amazing person. Just keep on going forward - that's all you can do.
Hugs.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Oh, Caroline. I know that this sucks for you and I am so sorry. Hang tough, and realize that sometimes your chosen family is far more supportive and loving than the one you were given.

Caroline said...

yankeegirl--i am also so thankful for Laura. i don't think i would have been able to make it through all of this without her love and support

casey--my view is..my blog my thoughts. my parents have tried for so long to stop me from thinking my mind and i will not let them stop me here

ragged--i love how you wrote that. yes sometimes your chosen family is so much better then the one you were given. thanks for reminding me

Anonymous said...

Caroline: You are FABULOUS! As an ex jw and a blogger, I applaud your strength and candor and attitude. Good job!

Unknown said...

What a well worded letter...sounds like it said exactly what you needed it to say...it must be an incredibly difficult thing you are going through and so I hope that letters like these are therapeutic for you in working some of this stuff out for yourself...because in your case...that's all that counts!

I agree with the writer who said our chosen family is often more important....we don't get to chose our families of origin.

All the best to you and your partner in the coming New Year!!

Lynilu said...

You know my thoughts on this. If I had arms long enough I'd give you a hug, but then, I'm not sure you really need it. I can see from this post that you are growing stronger and stronger. I'm sorry you don't have the family of origin that you deserve, but I'm glad you have Laura, her family and all of us who consider you our friend. You're the greatest, and I love having been around to watch you bloom. Continue to be great, to celebrate your wonderful life. I agree . . . push away the negative and embrace the goodness in your life, because it is growing stronger with each day. I'm so proud of you. I'm proud to be your friend. I'm proud to call you my friend.

Monogram Queen said...

GREAT POST Caroline.
Serioulsy you are right on target and I am so sorry for your parents. What small, petty, ugly people they must be.
Happy New Year to you, Laura and the fur family.

Caroline said...

traci--thanks so much. i think of anyone here you know exactly what i am dealing with.

boo7--thanks so much. i am glad you can tell exactly what i needed to say

lynilu--thanks so much. that means a lot to me

patti--i love how you know exactly what to say.