Friday, December 08, 2006

Wow!!

First of all, I was completetly overwhelmed by all the wonderful comments from my last post. I loved hearing from all the lurkers. I welcome all lurkers to continue to comment. To be honest, after I got that comment from Jolene last night I felt like a complete ass. I emailed her apologizing to her and telling her that I saw her reasoning. So, all is well. If you do have a chance, stop by Jolene's. You will be amazed at how creative she is. Time to move on...

It appears Laura's worst fears have come true. She started feeling sick yesterday and by 7pm she was laying on the bathroom floor in pain. She informed me that she feels she has the bird flu. She has been talking about it for two years and she is certain she will be the first documenated case in the United States. I personally think it's just a stomach flu, but I will let her think it's the bird flu if that will make her feel a little better. Thankfully she is feeling a little bit better this morning. It was a rough night for all of us, the cats included. We have one cat that follows Laura everywhere. Bonk kept trying to see what was going on and Laura kept pushing her away. Bonk was not happy about that and let Laura know by meowing most of the night. When I left this morning both Bonk and Laura were sleeping soundly on the bed.

Tomorrow is Sophie-dog's big day with Santa. I just hope she doesn't pee on him. She does that sometimes when she gets very nervous. And the fact that we are taking her to a shelter she might think we are leaving her there. We have all our treats and presents for the animals there and now we just have to convince Sophie that the dogs/cats there need the stuff more then her. God, I keep seeing that scene in Mommie Dearest where they have to give all their presents to charity.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

11 comments:

Lynilu said...

HAAAAA HA HA HA HA! Yes, I can see Sophie giving you that look that she does! OH, my!! Well, it's time that she begins to learn about sharing, isn't it?

Wow, I hope Laura gets over the crud soon. Flu, regardless of its second name, just sucks. I am kicking myself, too, because I didn't have the flu shot this year. Cross your fingers.

Jenn said...

Oh hi. I visit your blog too...I think my name might show up as jennifer when I comment but it's Jenn. Good to "meet" you.

One Messed Up Chick said...

I hope that Laura gets feeling well soon. Have fun tomorrow with Sophie, Im sure you'll take pictures. This has nothing to do with todays post but after listening to your CD last night, I told Nathalie I could picture you and Laura dancing around the living room to a couple of the songs. :)

Casey said...

Ugh. Poor Laura. After surviving nearly two weeks in stomach bug hell, I can totally relate. I hope she feels better soon!

Caroline said...

lynilu--i have tried from day 1 to teach sophie about sharing. remember casey and the whole "food" problems. she will never learn. i didn't get a flu shot either. i hope i don't get what laura has

jenn--thanks for stopping by.

eye--glad you liked the cd. yes we have danced to a few in our living room. :)

casey--thanks for the well wishes for laura. i will pass them along. glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I hope Laura feels better soon. The stomach flu is the worst. Er, I mean the bird flu.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry - Wayside's Santa is quite accustomed to nervous peeing doggies. Enjoy the open house, they have worked very hard to make it extra special. If you go in to cat adoptions say hi to my volunteer friend Sharon. Tell her that you're saying hi from her Fox 4 TV buddy who is on a leave from volunteering because of out of town work. She'll freak out - but in a good way!

Kitty said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Monogram Queen said...

Can't wait to see pictures of Sophie Dog w/ Santa. Y'all are the best!
Get well Laura!

Caroline said...

amy--thanks for the well wishes

anonymous--first of all, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all". it's obvious you don't know laura that well, because she doesn't have a mean bone in her body

patti--thankfully she is feeling a lot better.