Sunday, December 03, 2006

Cards, Naps & CD's

Today was a typical Sunday in our household. I have realized over the past few months that I really don't like Sunday's. I think it's because I know that I have to go back to work the next day. As much as the routine is good for me I sometimes just hate having the same routine day after day.

Laura went to the gym this morning and I opted to stay at home and be lazy. I know I should be going to the gym, but Sundays are so hard to motivate myself. I am happy with the weight that I have lost, but I now it will come off faster once I start exercising on a regular basis. Another reason for me to go back to work tomorrow: I won't snack as much. The past three days I think all I have done is eat. Part of it is due to PMSing and the other part is, well, I just love food. If I can just maintain my weight through the Christmas season then I will be happy.

I took my usual Sunday nap today. Some people, like Laura, take short cat naps and that is enough for them. Not me. I laid down at 1:30 and didn't get up until 4:45. I am still feeling tired so I am hoping I will be able to fall asleep tonight. There is nothing better then an afternoon nap with a two cats under the covers right by your legs. I think they love my afternoon naps as much as I do. Oh, and add a dog on the floor next to you and you have one happy napping family.

I also completed our Christmas cards today. There are a few blogs I read where they sent out something like 200 cards. I don't think I know 200 people. So our list is usually around 25 and I got them all filled out and addressed and will drop them off tomorrow at the post office.

For those of you that requested a CD, believe it or not I am mailing those off tomorrow. We had some trouble downloading some of the songs. Apparently if you download it you can only burn it so many times. We had never heard of that. But we got it all figured out. Look for those CD's mid week in your mailbox.

Sends good good thoughts this week because I should be hearing about that job I interviewed for the day before Thanksgiving. If I don't hear something this week I don't think I will be too concerened. They said they were interviewing throughout this past week and with all the nasty weather we had I wouldn't be surprised if they had postpone a few of them.

Have a great week.

6 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

You have a great week too :) Stay warm!

Lynilu said...

You and patti-cakes are making me feel guilty about Christmas cards. I would like to do some of my photos for cards, but I 'spose I'll see if I can find the purchased ones 9somewhere in my boxes/ for this year and work on the photos for next year. Do you wonder what my excuse will be next year?!?! Stay tuned!!

Monogram Queen said...

Best of luck on the job thing - fingers are firmly CROSSED.

Can't wait to get the CD and I will be mailing out my cards this week.

I can't take naps or I don't sleep at night. Seems like my sleep is intermittent these days anyway. I hate it. Will I be one of those old ladies who is up all night cos' she just can't sleep. God I hope not.

Caroline said...

eyeoftherainbow--you stay warm also. i know it's pretty cold up in your neck of the woods

lynilu--your pictures would be great for x-mas cards.

patti--the cd was mailed off today. i hope you like it

maidink--thanks for stopping by. look forward to reading more of your comments

Minnesota Nice said...

I love naps! Oh I hope and wish that you will get a phone call TODAY, that the job is yours! With bonuses and an awesome dental plan.

Caroline said...

sandra--no call yet about the job. but you are so right about the good dental plan. who cares about vacation..i need dental coverage. :)