Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Still Sick

Well this "stuff" really sucks. I woke up this morning and knew there was no way I could go into work. I didn't think it was possible, but I feel worse then I did yesterday. My work will probably be a little upset since my boss is gone today as well and so there is no one there to take the crisis calls. I will just have to deal with that tomorrow. Right now I am too stuffed up to think about anything but clearing my head and nose.

When you are sick and then the cook of the family is also sick, it's really bad. We have been living off canned soup and sandwiches for the past two days. Even if I wasn't sick I don't cook that well, so I would probably be doing the same thing. We tried to bribe Laura's Mom into cooking us a nice home cooked meal and bringing it up to us (they live about 30 minutes south of us), but she very politely declined. Part of the reason is because she is busy taking care of Laura's Dad who has the same crap that we do. We figured it was worth a shot in asking her.

All of the things I voted for yesterday won. YEA!! The one important thing was for Stem Cell Research. All the bible thumping Christians came out saying that if this passed then suddenly it would be legal to clone humans. They really need to step away from their Bible and actually read the amendment. Michael J. Fox did a commercial for stem cell research and many of you will probably remember that the pill-popping Rush Limbaugh came out saying Michael J.Fox was acting. Give me a break. I am happy it passed so that we can start working on finding a cure for some of the most cruel diseases. And good for Claire McCaskill for beating out Jim Talent for the senate. This particular campaign got really nasty and mostly from Jim Talent. I am so happy it's over and now we can begin to see some much needed change in this country.

Today it's 80 degrees. With both of us running fevers we feel we need to turn on the a/c. Have I mentioned how tired I am of this back and forth weather. Again I am done with summer and ready for the snow storms.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

First off: 80 degrees? In November? That's insane!!! I'm so sorry. I'm also sorry that you are still feeling so icky. I think you were smart to stay home and rest.

And now - YIPPIE!!!! I'm so happy your state came out on the correct side of things. I'm so, so, so happy!! My state did well, too. I remember feeling so darn defeated 2 years ago but today - I finally feel hopeful! YAY!!!!

Feel better.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I'm glad Missourians made some good choices! We didn't really have any super-tight races, but I voted anyway.

I hope you guys feel better soon!

Caroline said...

casey--i know the weather is nuts around here. we ended up having to turn on one of our fans because it was so warm in the house. we are also so happy Missouri decided to make some change.

amy--well the attorney general race was pretty heated. we enjoyed watching the insults thrown back and forth, but we are happy morrison won.

Lynilu said...

I'm holding my breath as I write this out of fear that if I inhale while connected with your blog site, I might catch your crud!! I surely hope you are both back on your feet soon. It really stinks to be sick, regardless of the time of year, the temperature, the illness itself, or whatever. Heal, heal, heal!!!

SassyFemme said...

Here's hoping that today brings a day where you're both feeling much better!

Caroline said...

lynilu--yea, better hold your breathe. you dont' want this crap. thankfully today i am feeling better.

sassy--thankfully today i am feeling better.

One Messed Up Chick said...

I hope you get feeling better soon, we both woke up this morning with it :( Thankfully I have to only work today and have the weekend off. :)

Minnesota Nice said...

Hope what you have doesn't turn into the 'creeping crug' in the throat thing, that is the WORST!

Yeah, most people I know seem pretty happy with the election results this time. THAT hasn't happened for about 8 years!

And as far as I'm concerned Michael J. Fox is the #1 reason we may be seeing more cures found via stem cell research so big hats off to him!!!!

Minnesota Nice said...

I meant 'creeping crud', but crug sounds even grosser...definitely don't get the creeping crug!

Caroline said...

eyeoftherainbow--oh, i hope you start to feeling better soon.

sandra--thankfully this has just turned into a horrible cold. sore throat is gone...at least for now.