Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Kathy Griffin

Laura loves Kathy Griffin and instantly became a fan when her reality show started airing last year. Being forced to watch this show with Laura I came to realize that Kathy Griffin is actually very funny and more importantly she loves gays. When we heard she was coming to a college town about 2 hours from our house we knew we had to go see her. This weekend we are headed to Springfield, MO to see her perform. I can't wait. With all that has been going on in celebrity news and the political world, I am sure her show is going to have us laughing for two hours straight.

One of the benefits from my job is that we get Veterans Day as a paid holiday. Kathy Griffin's show is on Monday night and I figured that since Veterans Day was on a Saturday this year our agency would be closed on Friday. I figured I would just take a 1/2 day on Monday and we would drive down for the show and return Tuesday. Well, about two weeks ago the VP of our agency said "if a National holiday falls on the weekend then it's observed on Monday". I knew this wasn't true. I knew if the holiday falls on Saturday you close on Friday and if it falls on a Sunday you are closed on Monday. But I didn't argue with him because that would mean we could actually go down on Sunday and stay at our favorite hotel/resort in Branson which is just 30 minutes south of Springfield. So on Sunday we are driving to Branson, which by the way is not our favorite place, but where we are staying is. This place is amazing. You don't even feel like you are in the middle of a horrible country video. Then Monday morning we are going to head into Springfield and have dinner here, another of Laura's favorite. Not only is the food amazing, but Hemingway is one of Laura's literary hero's. And then we are off to see Kathy Griffin. It's going to be a fabulous time.

On Monday the VP of my office sent around an email saying he had made a mistake and that we would actually be closed on Friday. WTF!!!!! I do have a dentist appointment on Friday so I don't have to miss any work for that, but we are suppose to be in Springfield Monday morning. Now I have to take an extra day off because the VP is a idiot.

Sometimes I think things would run more smoothly if I just ran this agency.

7 comments:

Kitty said...

I love Kathy Griffin! You guys have a great time!

Ace of Spades said...

Sounds like fun. Have you ever eaten at Lambert's, home of the throwed rolls. That place is yummmmmmyyyyy. We go down there often just to eat there. Me and my girl live in Kansas City too. It is a nice road trip to just get away from the everyday crap.

One Messed Up Chick said...

Sounds like you both are going to have a great time. Kathy Griffin is a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Have fun! I've never been to Branson (kind of scared of it), but that hotel looks beautiful. And I'm guessing you had to make a stop at Hemingway's house in Key West then, too? That's a cool place.

Minnesota Nice said...

Oh lucky you, Kathy Griffin should be a SO FUN!! She's hilarious and super smart to boot. Enjoy!

Sonya said...

Sounds like great fun! Enjoy your weekend away!

On the upside... due to the VPs mistake... you now have a full 4 day weekend. WOOHOO

Caroline said...

kitty--we plan on it

ace--i have never eaten there. thanks for stopping by. i agree with just needing to get away from the everyday crap

eyeoftherainbow--we always laugh so hard when watching her show. i can't wait

amy--i had never been to branson before i met laura. when we first got together and had no money we went there for the weekend just to get away. it's not my choice for a vacation, but i do love the chateau.

sandra--i always laugh so hard when i see kathy griffin i almost pee myself.

sonya--actually i get a 5 day weekend. i am off friday-tuesday