Tuesday, November 14, 2006

So Much to Write About

First of all, we had a wonderful time and Kathy Griffin is the funniest person I know. The show was a blast, but more on that later. As always it's wonderful to be home and all the cats and Sophie dog were so happy to see us. The dog is currently passed out next to me on the couch snoring so loud I am about to wake her up. She always comes homes from Grandma and Grandpa's so tired. Now that Landon is walking and talking (and chasing her) she keeps very busy when she is visiting. But Landon and Sophie are so cute together and it was so cute to see Landon going up to Sophie and just wrapping his arms around her and giving her lots of hugs. In return Sophie would give Landon a big kiss right on the face. Dogs and kids..they are too cute.

Here is where we stayed the first night. This is out little retreat in our sometimes crazy world. We pulled in around 3pm and didn't leave the hotel until the next day. In fact, we didn't even leave the room. We ordered room service and just relaxed. It was wonderful.
Here is the "million dollar" bed that I kept talking about. It was just as comfortable as I have always remembered. It's like you are sleeping on clouds. We have decided that when we get a new bed we are calling them to see what kind of mattress they have because we just have to have one of these.

This was our view from our balcony. I love the cloud formations in the distance. It was a beautiful fall day.

Monday we woke up and drove into Springfield. Here is the aquarium at Hemingways. Our waiter (who was so gay) was so jealous that we were on our way to see Kathy Griffin.

Here is Laura looking over the menu. I love this picture of her. She was in heaven eating at this restaurant.

We were so excited to go see Kathy Griffin that we left for the show just a little early. We got to the place at 6pm when the show didn't start until 7:30pm. We ended waiting for an hour before we could even go into our place. One of the best shows. 2 hours of laughing. And I must say that Kathy Griffin is such a cutie in real person. We had really good seats and except for the (what seemed like) 7 ft guy in front of me, it was wonderful.
Our second hotel room was not as good as the first nights stay. Our toilet started running (very loudly) at 11:30pm and didn't stop for 5 minutes. Every time we flushed it would do it. This may be gross, but we finally decided to stop flushing unless we had to go #2. (I know, sorry..that was gross and probably too much information for all of you)
Yesterday when I checked the messages at home there was a message for me. It was the lady from this place I had sent my resume and this is really my dream job. I ended up doing a 15 minute phone interview and they will be calling back if they want a face to face interview. I am so freaking excited. I really think the phone interview went well and what's even better is the salary is $15,000 more then what I making now. Keep up the prayers because not only would I love the salary, but I would really love the work I would be doing. I really pray that this is where God would want me to be right now.
That's it for now. I have so much more to say in regards to the commitment ceremony. There have been some major changes over the past three days. All good. We are still having it in Key West on April 16, but just some minor changes. I can't wait to share it with all of you. But right now I have 5 cats and one dog that are really wanting my attention.

12 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Glad y'all had such a good time. Have I ever told you I love Laura's hair? I do.
I think Kathy is funny also.

Minnesota Nice said...

Wow so much good stuff! Oh I really really hope they call you about the job, fingers toes and everything else CROSSED!!

You might have to share what kind of bed that is with everyone, now I'm curious!

Caroline said...

patticake--it was a good time. thanks for the compliment on laura's hair. she was just thinking about cutting it and i told her that i loved it the way it was. thankfully she has changed her mind

sandra--i also hope they will call me. thanks for all the crossing of the toes and fingers

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great time! Good luck with the job -- I hope you get it!

SassyFemme said...

Add me to the list that loves her hair! Love the pictures, what a great view you guys had at the first hotel. Definitely keeping you in my thoughts/prayers for hte job, what a monster raise that would be, and you'd be doing something you really want.

Caroline said...

amy--thank you so much for the good luck and I really hope you feel better.

sassy--thank you for the compliment on laura's hair. i have passed all of them on to her and i am so happy that she decided not to cut it

Kitty said...

WOW! I love the bed! It even LOOKS cloudy soft.

The job interview is awesome! I have all my stuff crossed, and I will be saying a special prayer.

Minnesota Nice said...

I also want to add that BLACK is Laura's color! Wow she looks great in black - and not everybody does.

One Messed Up Chick said...

The pictures are awesome. Im glad you had a great time and I am so happy about the phone interview. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Zoe said...

Sounds like a good time. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

i just read your blog for the first time and i wanted to say hello. i'm so jealous that you got to see Kathy Griffin! wow!
I am also a midwest girl, transplanted to southern california. I was born and raised in Pittsburg KS and can remember the good old days when making the drive to Kansas City to buy clothes for school was the event of the year. Most of my family now lives in the Paola/Overland Park Area. Got a few in Olathe, a few in Fort Scott and a few in Shawnee Mission. I miss Kansas so much and I can't wait to come home again. I love Kansas City airport, its the smallest, bestest, easiest airport ever. *ahh* so nice to meet others that know what I'm talking about! hugs
rae

Caroline said...

kitty--thanks for the well wishes

sandra--i agree. she look so well in black and i guess that would explain why 1/2 her clothes are black. :)

eyeoftherainbow--it was an awesome time. wish we didnt have to come home

rae--thanks for stopping by. kc is a great town and as i have gotten older have really come to love this town.