Wednesday, November 15, 2006

More stuff from the Trip

Here are some other random things that happened during our little mini-vacation that you all might find amusing.

*I realized that when Laura sings a song she will just make up words. It was actually very funny to listen to her trying to sing different songs. It was even funnier to see her reaction when she realized I was watching her.

*We took the scenic route down to Branson on Sunday. Since 10% of the population is gay we would figure out how many people in the small Missouri towns were gay. Most towns we passed through were less then 500 people. It was a fun game.

*I guess it's ok in the middle of Missouri to by a 5th of vodka and drink it as you drive. We stopped once for a bathroom break in a small town and there were these two guys that bought some alcohol and then got in their pick-up truck and proceeded to open the vodka and drink it from the bottle. It was 11am.

*We quickly realized it was the opening weekend for deer hunting. We saw more dead deer on the back of trucks then we ever want to see again.

*Always remember to close the shades at hotels. I kept forgetting that we were on a corner and there was another room's window right next to us. I am sure I entertained someone.

*Laura thinks I am blind. On Monday night after the show we came back and I fell asleep. Next thing I know Laura is saying loudly..."Caroline". I open my eyes and she says, "can you see me". She did all of this because there was something on tv she wanted me to see. By the time I figured out where and who I was and got my glasses on, it had gone to a commercial. It took me another hour to get back to sleep.

*We didn't realize this but there was a car chase going on as we were driving home on the same highway we were on. When we pulled into Laura's parents house the tv was on showing this car chase. They said on the tv "if you know someone driving in this area please let them know". We never got any calls. We missed the high speed chase by 20 minutes. If we had come across it I would have probably been so scared I would have peed myself and run the car off the road.

*My Honda gets awesome gas mileage. We made it home on less then 1/2 tank of gas and we drove 150 miles. I love my Honda.

*At the Kathy Griffin show I had to deal with a guy in front of me that was very tall. I had to practically lean into Laura's lap to see the show. The guy on the other side of me didn't let me have the arm rest once. My neck still hurts from leaning for 2 hours.

*Don't waste your time going to Springfield, MO. It's a very boring and ugly town.

*Branson is filled with people over the age of 65. While at Walgreens there was this old lady behind us that did not know what boundaries are. She was so close to Laura that she was literally touching Laura's back. We were laughing so hard. The lady did not realize that we were laughing at her not with her.

4 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Sounds like all in all you did have a good time. WTF was up with the guy in front of you and the guy who wouldn't let you have the arm rest? Clods!

Anonymous said...

CAROLINE! I do know the words, but I get distracted sometimes. Ususally, because of your driving.

Lynilu said...

Hey!! I'm awfully close to 65!! Watch it!!!

Caroline said...

patticake--i know. i was so pissed at both guys.

anonymous--you do have a point since i was the one driving when we wrecked with the semi.

lynilu--lol. you are too funny