Thursday, November 30, 2006

Skating Rink

As much as I prayed last night I still had to come into work today. But I am not expecting to stay all day. The snow is due to move in around noon and they are saying we could get as much as 18 inches of snow. They are saying that it will snow for more then 12 hours before it comes to an end. I don't think I have seen that much snow at one time before. I am so excited.

This morning it took me 30 minutes to get all the ice off my car. Laura's car was parked safely in the garage and we were trying to figure out why we didn't put my car in the garage last night. Oh well. The main roads are good this morning, but the side streets are sheets of ice. And our parking lot at work is the worst. It's a solid sheet of ice. I told my boss that once the snow starts I am out of here. He seemed fine with that. And we were told that our celebration breakfast tomorrow will not be canceled, but if we can't make it in due to the weather then it's fine. I am already thinking I won't be able to make it in. :)

I brought my digital camera to work with me today because I know there are going to be some good pictures throughout the day. The street that my office looks out at is all ice. I came down the street today and someone made a sign that says, "slow down..ice".

Say a prayer that I make it home safe again today. My driving is fine, it's the other crazy people that make me so nervous.

5 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

Ill think about you all day and hope you make it home without sliding everywhere. We dont have snow yet but they say it is coming :( Have a good day!

Minnesota Nice said...

So true, I always worry about the other crazy drivers during the first few snows. Some people drive too slow, some ride on your tail. Morons.

Laura said...

I'm sorry about the car. I don't know what we were thinking. We will fix that.

Monogram Queen said...

Just drive safely and keep alert :) Enjoy the winter wonderland! I"m sorta jealous. It's almost 80 here

Caroline said...

eyeoftherainbow--thanks. i am hoping to get home before it gets too bad

sandra--i agree..all morons

laura--don't worry about it. i enjoyed my time outside with the "strays".

patti--i will enjoy the wonderland. i can't wait until all there is outside is snow