Friday, November 03, 2006

Pain Free So Far

Today has been relatively pain free. I woke up around 5am and was having some soreness. I took some Ibuprofen and within an hour was back asleep. I had planned ahead and took today off because the last two root canals had caused a lot more pain the few days afterwards. I think part of the reason that I felt less pain this time was because I was completely relaxed during the entire procedure. When my jaw muscles tighten up I think it caused more pain. It was nice today just having a little bit of soreness, but nothing major.

We opted for a lunch of comfort food today. (have you noticed a trend lately with the comfort food..must be the cooler weather) So off to Cracker Barrel we went. It had been forever since we had been there and they did not disappoint us. It was so good.

Then it was back home to watch Dr.Phil and Oprah. It was a wonderful, relaxing day. Today I was somehow wishing that we were independently wealthy so we could spend all our days together. That is one thing that I love about me and Laura. The more time we spend together the better. I love our vacations because we are together 24/7. I have been in some relationships where I did love the person, but I always really loved the time I spent alone. Laura is a wonderful companion and partner.

Last night I did something that completely surprised me. I went to a local website that has nonprofit jobs that are available. Even though I am extremely happy with my current job there is no guarantee of my job after June 2007. I am currently working under a grant and the grant expires in June and my company is still working on finding further funding. It's not looking good. So I found a job that I would LOVE to have and I got my resume together and emailed it off. I think I have a very good chance in getting at least an interview. I was trained by this particular company in a form of case management before I got my Masters degree and I believe in their program 100%. Plus, this job is a lot more money, which is always good. Keep your fingers crossed that they will call me.

For the first time in weeks, we have a quiet weekend planned. I have finished the laundry already and the only thing we have to do is go to the grocery store. With the weather in the 60's it would be a great weekend to take Sophie-dog to the dog park. She loves going, but is still learning at socializing with other dogs.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

3 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Catching up on a little blog reading... Glad all went well for the root canal. I'm sure at some in my future I'll have more of those to look forward to, hopefully just FAR in the future. We've been doing more comfort type foods with the colder weather, too. Good luck on the job thing, and enjoy your weekend!

Monogram Queen said...

I wish the best of luck to you on the job thing! It's wonderful to have found your soul mate isn't it? *big smile*

Caroline said...

sassyfemme--i am also so glad it went well. i love comfort food more then anything in this world..too bad it only makes things worse in terms of my weight. :)

patticake--i am hoping i at least get an interview. this job would be my dream job.