Monday, November 20, 2006

More on Key West

Last week I said there had been some changes to our plans for the commitment ceremony and I am so excited to share those plans. Through all of this it really shows me that things happen for a reason.

Laura's younger sister and husband will be joining us in Florida for the ceremony. Younger sister and husband are so excited for the trip as well as being there for our ceremony. And we are thrilled that they will be there with us and we can show them around the Keys. Younger sister has called us at least twice a day since we asked them to come with us to Florida. I think they are more excited then us. Laura has already had conversations with little sister about what we are wearing and flowers, etc. It will be nice having someone there to help us plan the day as well as get through the day with little worries.

I have some friends that live in Tampa that are also going down to Key West for the ceremony. I have been friends with this couple since I was 13 years old. They moved in next to us and I instantly hit it off with them. They have always been there to support me with no questions asked. They loved and supported me when I left the church the first time, they loved and supported me when I went back to the church and when I told them I was gay they didn't even blink an eye. They have always told me, "love is what it's all about". I couldn't agree more. They have been the one constant thing in my life since I was 13 and they are family to me.

After our ceremony the six of us will go to dinner in Key West to celebrate. It's going to be a day that I will never forget with the love of my life right next to me as well as people that love and support us standing there with us.

It's going to be hard waiting until April because we are so excited about the trip and our commitment ceremony. Pledging my love to Laura at sunset on the water is a dream come true.

For those of you that wanted a copy of our CD, I will be getting those in the mail hopefully by the end of this week. If you didn't email me and want one just email me at carolinesemail73@yahoo.com with your address and I will get one to you as well.

One last thing: I just read the post to Laura and she informed me that she wants a cool nickname instead of "love of my life" or just "Laura". Anyone have any suggestions?

8 comments:

Lynilu said...

OK, I think Laura should be POOKIE! I'm gonna be in trouble, I know it as sure as I'm breathing! Oohhh, maaaannnn! I'm glad I'm too far away for Laura to reach. My guess is, however, that she will have an equally icky name for me now!! I'm in trouble, Oh, I'm in trouble!!

SassyFemme said...

LOL at Lynilu's suggestion. You know, I thought of giving Fran a pseudonym when I started my blog, but I couldn't, she's always Fran to me, except for a special nickname, and those don't belong on the blog.

Caroline said...

lynilu--oh, i love that name. and laura has no comment. it's a very good thing you aren't just across the fence. :)

sassy--now i am dying to know what that nickname is.

Wendy and Karen said...

OK...I'll play the name game.

How about "home" girl?
Home stands for Heart Of My Everything.

Or..LOML? Love Of My Life.

And...a favorite of mine from the author Mercedes Lackey: ashke. It means "beloved".

I'm so excited for you guys and your ceremony. I can only imagine how special it will be...both for you two and for those who share it with you.

- Karen

Caroline said...

karen&wendy--love HOME and ashke and Laura loves them also. sorry lynilu.

Monogram Queen said...

I am excited for you too about the Commitment Ceremony. It sounds wonderful.
Nickname... how about "Boo". It's simple :)

Caroline said...

patticake--oh, i like "boo" also. this is going to be a hard decision.

Caroline said...

dianna--thanks for stopping by. we aren't using the term wife. if you want a cd please email me with your home address. thanks.