Sunday, November 19, 2006

I Really Hate Some People

About two weeks ago we had a very friendly yellow lab show up at our door. I knew it belonged to this guy that lived just around the corner. I got out the leash and took him home. The guy seemed appreciative, but not as much as I would have been if my dog had gotten out of the yard. Two days later "Drake" showed up again. Again I took him home.

This morning I went to get a paper and saw Drake in the street dead. Apparently he was hit by a car. After I got my paper I went to Drakes owners house to make sure he knew that Drake was up the street. As the guy answered the door I asked if he was missing Drake. He said, "yes I saw him up in the street earlier this morning and I need to go scoop him up." WTF.

First of all if that was my dog I would have already gone and gotten him and made sure that he was not still alive. Second I would have made changes to my fence to make sure he couldn't get out. I told this guy that he needed to go get his dog and walked away. He apologized and shut the door.

People like this just really piss me off. Drakes owner was acting like "he's dead there's nothing I can do now."

Drakes owner has another dog and if that dog shows up at our house we are just going to keep it.

11 comments:

Lynilu said...

I'm with you. Fie upon those who abuse or neglect creatures who rely upon on them.

One Messed Up Chick said...

WTF is right! People like that don't deserve animals.
Have yourself a happy monday :)

SassyFemme said...

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have animals. I agree about keeping the other dog if she shows up.

Caroline said...

lynilu--you know this person and i know this doesn't surprise you.

eyeoftherainbow--i so agree with you. there are some that just shouldn't be allowed to have animals or kids

sassy--this other dog is so cute and we will keep it if it shows up. this person would never miss it anyway

traci--When we lost Ben for a week i was out there every minute looking for him and i wasn't gonig to give up until i found him.

Monogram Queen said...

ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS ASS I would have kicked that clown in the nads seriously. How callous and cold.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Some people shouldn't have pets.

Caroline said...

patti--maybe i will go back and kick him in the nads. good idea patti.

ragged--you are so right.

Zoe said...

I really don't understand some people. It makes me sick to think about how so many animals are treated/mistreated or neglected. So many people have no buisiness having pets. I would keep the next dog if it shows up too if I were you.

Casey said...

I can't even imagine!! Some people seriously have no business having pets. We have neighbors like this - they go through dogs like water and it breaks my heart and pisses me off.

Wendy and Karen said...

That's neglect and cruelty to animals if I ever heard it! I had a similar thing happen with a little cocker spaniel puppy that showed up at my house (about 10 years ago now) which was about 2 miles from his original home. I returned him and kinda got this response like "oh...we thought he was gone for good". When he showed back up about 2 weeks later, I just kept him. Some people don't deserve the love that animals offer. Grrrrrr.....

- Karen

Minnesota Nice said...

Oh my goodness, I don't know what I would do if this was one of my neighbors.