Monday, October 02, 2006

Did We Go Too Far?

As many of you know I was denied the chance of celebrating any holidays when I was a child. This has led to a small problem as an adult. I tend to go overboard with the holidays. For example: here is our house all decked out for Halloween. I blame this obsession on the Jehovah's Witnesses.
This is our spider "George". We spent the entire evening "stuffing" his body and legs with all the newspaper that was to go out on Friday for recycling.
I love this shot of the pumpkins when they are all lit up. I wish we could find more of these to line our whole path.

Our blowup for Halloween. The bat is suppose to go up and down but we aren't smart enough to figure out how this happens.

Here is "Marcus the Carcass". He was the first Halloween decoration I bought two years ago. I usually have him lined up better. He looks better when it's dark outside cause he lights up.

Here's picture of most of the front. I love the little ghosts on the tree.
This evening as we were sitting down to dinner we heard some commotion outside. There were 2 kids standing at our front door. They wanted to know if "Marcus the Carcass" came up out of the ground. I told them to be sure to come back on Halloween.
Gee, I can't wait til Christmas. Our house will look like the house in National Lampoons Christmas.

8 comments:

Wendy and Karen said...

Love, love, love the Halloween decorations! You can never go too far in my opinion. You guys will be the talk of the neighborhood and all the kids will be itching to come by your place on Halloween night! The spider is too cool. Keep up the good work!

Kitty said...

I'm glad you obsess over holidays. There could be worse things.

I always get a kick out of how excited you get at any of the holidays, just like a little kid.

One Messed Up Chick said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see the christmas decorations :)

Monogram Queen said...

You are just like me, I LOVE decorating. The more the merrier. The Griswolds have NOTHING on us!

Isabel said...

Love your decorations! I just have a few for the inside, but that's it.

Minnesota Nice said...

Omigosh, I LOVE that big spider, he's so cute!!! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays decoration-wise, because you can just go crazy. Have fun and don't eat all the candy before the trick-or-treaters come!

Anonymous said...

Totally fun! Good for you for making the holidays your own!

Caroline said...

wendy&karen--i agree never going too far, but sometimes i wonder. i have already noticed people driving by and then turning aroudn to get a second look. it's kind of cool

kitty--laura also loves how excited i get over the holidays. i just can't help myself

onecrazylady--you wont' want to miss the x-mas decorations

patticake--i loved your deocrations. pretty awesome

isabel--what's the fun if the whole neighborhood can't see them

sandra--weight watchers is keeping my "eating candy" in line. we decided our treat this year is a caramel apple

casey--thanks