Sunday, October 29, 2006

5 Truths

Last week I was tagged by Isabel and I am just now getting around to it. Here are my 5 Truths.

1) Sometimes I am so caught in the past. I am constantly thinking "6 years ago I was doing this or that" etc. It drives everyone around me crazy, including myself. When I was a teenager I went to the same summer camp for six summers and loved every minute I spent there. I check their website everyday looking at the weather up in Grand Rapids, Minnesota and reading the message boards. I love knowing what is going on at camp.

2) The Wal-Mart that we go to is over by where my parents live and the church I went to as a child and adult. There are many times when I will drive by the Kingdom Hall just to see who is there. Laura is so patient with me when we do drive by and never questions my reasons for driving by.

3) I never did drugs until I was in my mid-20's and even then the only thing I did was pot. The first time I smoked it I was alone and once it kicked in I sat there and laughed at myself for 20 minutes. I then went outside and smoked a cigarette (I had heard that if you smoke a cig right after it will keep the high going) and I continued to laugh at myself. I went inside because I was afraid my neighbors would know what I was doing. I know, a little paranoid. I smoked pot for a few months and then got worried that I would suddenly be drug tested at work. (never was) If pot ever became legal I would probably smoke it on a regular basis.

4) The winter of 2002 I had just been accepted back into the church (after being kicked out for smoking) and I so wanted to celebrate Christmas that I went and bought a small x-mas tree, some lights and a few decorations. I kept it in my living room, but was prepared to run it upstairs if someone just happen to stop by. No one did and it stayed up through the first of the year. Now that we have a 7ft tree, the small tree I bought so long ago is always set up in the spare room in front of the window. I will probably always keep that tree to remind me how happy I am being "free" from the church.

5) I used to always think that I was a morning person, but in the past year I have realized that I hate mornings. Unless it's the weekend, I am usually always grumpy before 11am. Laura was laughing at me this past weekend because I got up with the dog around 6am and I sat downstairs watching music videos. I was singing along at the top of my lungs. She said she got a kick out of it because that would never happen M-F. I didn't even realize I was singing loud enough for her to hear me.

So, those are my truths. Next I need to tag five people. So, I tag Casey, Lynilu, Kitty, Sassy, and Not-so-Pregnant and of course anyone else that feels like sharing some truths.

*The picture above is of our pumpkins all lit up tonight.

2 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Glad you are much happier now and doing your best to embrace the "present" rather than the past

Isabel said...

Your pumpkins look great. Great 5 truths.