Monday, October 30, 2006

Why I Can't Be Sick

I woke up this morning feeling fine just very tired. I shouldn't be tired since I was asleep by 10:30pm and didn't get up until 7:30am. As the day has gone on I have felt worse and worse. I feel all achy and I have a slight headache. My eyes are running and I feel like there's something stuck in my throat. I haven't been sick for almost two years. I really hope my luck hasn't run out and I am coming down with something. I just don't have time for this. Here's why I can't get sick right now:

1) My schedule at work is booked solid for three weeks. With one person gone from our department it's been busy, busy, busy at work. On a usual month I take about 120 calls and so far this month I have taken 196 and there's still one more day left.

2) I am having a root canal on Thursday. I don't want to have to reschedule and I don't know if they will do it if I am sick. Again I don't (and can't) reschedule and if you have any questions see #1.

3) I have another dentist appointment with my regular dentist a week from Friday. If I miss Thursday's appointment I will have to reschedule the regular dentist appointment. Again, see #1.

4) Tomorrow is Halloween and I really want to pass out candy to all the ghosts and goblins that come to our house. I mean, I really, really, really want to.

God, I really hope that I am not getting sick. If I do come down with something I am going to blame it on the DMV. Standing in line with so many people for an hour and half would have to be the reason I came down with something.

Damn, Damn, Damn

5 comments:

yankeegirl said...

Caroline- go to the vitamin isle and buy some Emergen-C. It's a fizzy drink thing like alka seltzer but its like 1000 mg of vitamin c and other vitamins. It really helps if you take it when you are starting to get sick. I've held off a couple colds this year when everyone around me at the office was sick.
take care

One Messed Up Chick said...

I hope that you don't get sick :) I have to work on halloween, but we do have kids come in the nursing home. So we will pass some candy out :)

Anonymous said...

I've heard about the Emergen-C, too, but haven't tried it. Get Cold-Eeze zinc lozenges. My mom swears by them. I hope you don't get sick! Two years is a pretty good run.

Kitty said...

I say we blame it on Landon. I bet he's the one who made you sick.

Now doesnt that make you feel better? How could you possibly be mad at him?

Caroline said...

yankeegirl--thanks for the suggestion. will have to try that out if I start feeling bad again

onecrazylady--i remember when i worked in the nursing home and we had the kids come by. the resdients always loved that

amy--yea, two years is a good run. i am sure my luck is bound to run out

kitty--now i never mentioned landon. :) but now that i think about it, he was pretty "snotty" when we were there on saturday.